Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many cc's

:phanvanHas anyone ever had there band filled more than 4 cc? I am in fear of a stretched pouch. I have 3.5 ccs in my band and still really dont have much restriction. Yes I feel that golf ball feeling if i take to big a bite, but that can be on the first few bites. I know that is not my full feeling because a few bites is not enough to live on. I know sometimes i just want to finish something im eating and prob. eat too much. I have never pb'ed gotten sick or even come close. I have lost 44 lbs but i dont feel like its because of my band at all. I feel like im on a very strict diet and i have been exerciseing lots. I feel like the band is more of a mental thing for me, and i wish i could feel it working more thats why i got the band.I guess im rambling, but im scared that if i get that last fill i wont have anywhere to go from there.

Sounds like you need another fill. My friend has 4.2 in her band. I think it just depends on what size band you have. Hers holds 5 ccs.

:clap2:Thank god there is someone else feeling this way. I got my first fill on Thursday this past week. The doctor put in 4 cc and then I drank some Water, it felt like it was getting stuck so he took out 1 cc. I feel the same as you do, I don't get that full feeling at least I don't think I do, I have come close to pbing a couple of times, get alot of pain in the middle of my chest, through to my back....if I didn't chew enough, but other than that I feel hungry like normal. I just got my band on May 22nd so I am still new and worry that there is something wrong....anyone with ANY input would be great, I agree:help:

Sue

I know exactly how you feel! I got my band on April 30th. I've lost 37 lbs, but 33 lbs of this was lost on the pre-surgery diet and the two weeks after surgery.

I have had no restriction since the swelling went down. I went for the first fill about 2 and a half weeks ago and still had no restriction. He made another appointment for me in Three Months! I didn't want to wait three more months for restriction ... so I went back two weeks later and the Doctor seemed mad and said that I hadn't given it enough time. Well, as I understand this, the band won't get tighter over time and I just want to have the help of the band to loose the weight, otherwise what's the point?

Anyway, the first fill I got was 4cc's in a 10cc band. Thursday he gave me one more cc. I do admit that I fell a little restriction, but I'm still not satisified. Just what can I do if he doesn't want to fill the thing enough to make a difference. I've never PB'd...never vomited...never felt like I even have a band until Thursday and still don't feel very much restriction at all.

Once again, he made another appointment for three months from now and I feel that the surgery isn't helping at all. I really wanted this to work, but feel that I'm doing everything on my own.

Any suggestions?

what actually is the beginning fill amount no one said this at any of my classrooms so I was wondering

It's done on an individual basis, but I believe the most common first fill is 3cc's in the 10cc band. (I've got the new AP band that holds 10cc's. I think this is getting to be the most commonly used band now.)