Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My file is in "Review" with Cigna!

I was SO stressed thinking they weren't going to submit until Monday, but I confirmed with Cigna that my file has been submitted and all pertinent docs were received! Woot woot! She said it will be a couple of days. I hope so, especially since after 20 yrs with Cigna my husband's company is changing insurance companies the 1st of the year!

Please pray and send positive thoughts for what we all want...a quick easy approval! :)

Best wishes! Mine was submitted on a Friday at noon and I got the approval by Monday morning, so fingers crossed you will have a response early next week!

Thanks!

I called yesterday and they assured me I'll have a response on Monday!

Its going to be a looong weekend! :)

@ - What's the verdict?? :)

ACK!!!!!!! Nothing, yet!! I'm dyiiinngggg! Argh!

ACK!!!!!!! Nothing, yet!! I'm dyiiinngggg! Argh!

Fingers crossed!!

Sooo I got "the" call...Cigna called to say I was "DENIED" :( And here's the kicker...because the surgeon did not include the "codes for procedures" on his report AND they did not receive the psych evaluation. :wacko:

Immediately called surgeon's office and the coordinator there, Sara, God bless her, she assured me she was on it. I was a nervous wreck and started...crying :blush: She assured me all was well and I should be in there on Monday to schedule me for...November 5Th!!!! woot woot!

I'm SOOO relieved! Now to start with the prepping!!!!

Sooo I got "the" call...Cigna called to say I was "DENIED" :( And here's the kicker...because the surgeon did not include the "codes for procedures" on his report AND they did not receive the psych evaluation. :wacko:

Immediately called surgeon's office and the coordinator there, Sara, God bless her, she assured me she was on it. I was a nervous wreck and started...crying :blush: She assured me all was well and I should be in there on Monday to schedule me for...November 5Th!!!! woot woot!

I'm SOOO relieved! Now to start with the prepping!!!!

Awesome news!! I'm so happy for you! :)

Mine was submitted October 1st, they said they received it 10/2/15. I'm still waiting. They said I should hopefully know by tomorrow. I have BCBS and they don't have anywhere online where you can view the status of your prior authorizations. It's driving me nuts!! Lol

Mine was submitted October 1st, they said they received it 10/2/15. I'm still waiting. They said I should hopefully know by tomorrow. I have BCBS and they don't have anywhere online where you can view the status of your prior authorizations. It's driving me nuts!! Lol

The surgeon's office told me 10-15 business days or something crazy like that. But, I knew based on all of the comments here that it usually takes between 2-4 days. Cigna has an automated service that you can check the status of an approval so I did that...a lot. LOL I'm glad I did because that is how I found out I was "denied" based on missing info.

The waiting game is THE worst! ugh!

My surgeons office also told me it could take up to two weeks, but she said if I don't hear from her within 10 days, to give her a call.

Mine was submitted on Oct.5th and I still havent heard anything. I received a letter from cigna asking for the surgery date, admit date, pertinent medical history, Co-morbidities, additional CPT codes and descriptions. current treatment plan and lab and test results......I found out when I went for my last consult that I had a Hiatial Hernia.....Im so scared that since it's took this long to get an approval that I'm going to be "DENIED"....Ive never been this worried before. I just know Im going to be denied. :(

That was the first letter I received and then two denials and now finally approved after a 5 minute peer to peer with my surgeon!!! Don't give up!!!!

Mine was submitted on Oct.5th and I still havent heard anything. I received a letter from cigna asking for the surgery date, admit date, pertinent medical history, Co-morbidities, additional CPT codes and descriptions. current treatment plan and lab and test results......I found out when I went for my last consult that I had a Hiatial Hernia.....Im so scared that since it's took this long to get an approval that I'm going to be "DENIED"....Ive never been this worried before. I just know Im going to be denied. :(

I was told that my surgeon wont do a peer to peer.... :( thqat if I wanted to I could appeal it...Im stressed

@@Blueeyes66 - that's ridiculous! Find a new surgeon.