Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Military mission....

So I am all book for my sleeve 2nd November and since the date had been confirmed I have gone into mission mode. Every day is like a military operation.

By that I mean ripped the house to bits. All my kitchen cupboards are sorted anything high in calories has been donated to food bank. My freezer has been defrosted. The garden has been closed down for winter. Every draw, cupboard & wardrobe has been emptied de clutter and re organised.

I have arranged for a cleaner to come and clean the house the first two weeks post op and for a family member to come in and cook for the rest of the family the first few days I get home.

I have started logging everything I eat using my fitness plan. To get in to a good habit of logging everything down. My dogs have started hiding from me because they don't want to go for any more walks! Again I am getting into a routine of walking a lot more.

I have even been to costco to buy a Soup maker. Ordered a Portion Control plate from Amazon and started making a list of things to take in my hospital bag.

Suggestions of what I should pack would be great!

My other half can't understand why I am doing so much around the house. I think I am trying to create a positive atmosphere. Clean home clear mind and all that for when I come home. The cleaning and clearing out stops me from over thinking things that leads to me having doubts or questioning why I am about to have WLS.

Is any one else feeling like this or did you go on a mission before your WLS?

Sounds like you're doing great! But...what is a Soup maker? Lol, I could use one of those.

If you bring anything, bring comfortable pajamas for the hospital stay..they make you walk a lot and then your butt isn't hanging out of the gown. Also, Gas-X strips and a heating pad. I was freezing after sugery and the heating pad under my shoulder made the gas pain less awful. Oh..and a night eye mask. It is bright and there are blinky lights everywhere.

This is a Soup maker it works like a kettle. Place all your ingredients inside with Water. And it boils up and cooks everything. Then you just choice to have your soup smooth or with chunks. Thinking this will come to good use

Best of luck with your surgery.

What to take to the hospital? Here is what worked for me.

I agree about the heating pad. I was freezing and it also helped with my shoulder pain.

Your CPAP or BiPap machine, if you need one.

An extra pair of underwear. Otherwise, I just wore home what I wore to the hospital with the change of underwear.

A firm pillow, for the drive home.

I used: Chapstick and biotene. The hospital had other toiletries.

Take your phone and phone charger. I gave my mom my phone so she could keep friends who wanted to know about my recovery updated. Plus, I really didn't want to risk calling or posting while loopy!

The best "thing" I took was my mom! She stayed with me the whole time. My dad and my sister came right before my surgery. I didn't expect that so it was nice.