Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some times I feel like a failure

Oh no!! Don't give up. Why do you feel that way?

Why? What is getting you down? I hope whatever it is you feel better soon!

Tomorrow is my anniversary for 1 year surgery with the sleeve and I've expected to loose way more weight then I thought. I've been at 168 for 2 months then all of a sudden last week I went to 165 then today I went to see my pop doctor and it said I weight 168.2 an lost I don't know why am not loosing weight

What was your start weight? I currently weigh about 162 and i sure as heck don't feel like a failure... guess it is all relative.

I lose weight best when I limit carbs, exercise regularly, drink lots of Water and basically follow the bariatric rules.

You're not a failure. I hope to get where you are now, eventually, but if I don't, I definitely feel better right now than I have in years. Don't you?

You need to throw away your scale if it affects you like this. Go by how you feel, and how far you've come. ????

@

I often weigh more when I go to the doctor because of the clothes I'm wearing and usually the time of the day. There is also a difference in scales. I understand you feel like you should've lost more weight by now, but don't let it get you down. KEEP GOING!

Okay, a little tough love here.

You started at 230, and now are down to 168. That's over 60 pounds! That's a lot! You need to focus on the fact that the surgery has enabled you to lose over 60 pounds, and now you need to keep it going.

I have a feeling looking at your past posts that you are relying on the surgery alone to lose weight. I'm afraid it will and can only take you so far (hence the 60% of excess weight loss statistic the surgeons tell us to expect). You have to work REALLY HARD after that initial honeymoon period to get to goal. What does that mean? It means no grazing, unhealthy snacking like Cookies, crackers etc, ONLY getting your carbs from fruits and veggies, tracking and measuring portions, 64oz of Water, Protein first, then veggies if you have room, and move more!

It sucks, but it has to be done to get where you want to be. This is now my life, and if I want to continue to feel amazing and wear a size 6, this is what I have to do. Now, the choice is yours....do you want to get to your weight loss goal or not? It's all about how bad you want it. Get back to basics, and make it work for you!

yeah i kinda feel the same as Babbs. i can't see what your goal weight is or your height but i'd be like thrilled to be at 160 anything. my starting stats are the same as yours 232lbs (i'm 5'3). i think if you were still in the 200's or something you could say you failed but truly i don't see failing in this thread at all. Maybe you're just depressed.

I feel that way sometimes too. I keep stalling and I am only 5 months out. This is supposed to be my honeymoon period!! I refuse to give up. I have come too far!!

I'm in Huntsville Alabama

Am in Texas I wish I had somebody close to me

I'm in Houston Texas.... I would love to talk