Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie looking for support and advice

:help:

I’m sick and tired of being embarrassed about my weight. :cry I'm tired of being embarrassed to go out in public and do everyday things, like go to the store. :cry I want to be able to go shopping with my girlfriends and actually be able to buy clothes in the same stores they do…. …So I’ve been really thinking about and researching the Lap-Band procedure. I have a consultation at the N.E.W Program, Dr. Quebbemann and Dr. Braverman in Newport Beach, CA.

I’m not 100%, as this is a major decision, it’s not just about the money or the surgery, but I have to ask myself “I ready to really change my life/eating habits?”. And I really have to be honest wiht myself. I really feel like I am, but I’m so worried about failing. I’ve just failed diet, after diet, after diet and to see where I am now because I’m so hard on myself after failing really scares me. :nervous

I’ve found so much information on this web site and I am so grateful.

My ears and eyes are open to any information, words of wisdom, advice, etc. any of you can give. And I look forward to sharing my weight loss success with you all in the, hopefully near future and hearing about all of yours!!:

clap2:[/font]

I felt the same way you do, and I did my research. I chose the less invasive method (lap band) rather than the bypass, and was banded on 6/25/07. So far, it's been a good journey. I can already see and feel the weight loss. I feel very proactive now, and know that with work and determination, i can finally reach my weight loss goals. This site has been a huge support for me. I suggest you research everything you can about the lap band, and read the posts here on this site. Ask any question that comes to mind. The folks here are great, and we're all in it together. Best of luck to you....

Hi Crystal blue, welcome to Lapband talk. Hug yourself. You will be okay. My breaking point was when I hit 308 lbs preop. I lost 30 lbs on my own which took me forever I feel. Long stoty short, I was banded at 282 and now I'm about 227. This year has been a slow process for me as I am an average loser. I like you couldn't stand to shop. I am now addicted to it. I have gone from a size 24 to an 18 in 13 months. I feel much better about myself. I am in a size 14/16 on the top and soon I will have to shop at normal clothing stores. Don't be so hard on yourself. We have all been there. I use to not want to wear shorts. Now I feel comfortable in skorts which are much more flattering. I love my band. I have just learned to eat 1/4 to 1/2 a cup of food now. I feel completely satisified with that. I never snack which is an added bonus. The lapband has truly changed my life. I wish you the best in your decision. Julie

Hi Crystal,

Welcome to LBT....first off, the band is not a diet...it is a very valuable tool that will help you lose the weight...It really makes you behave...This is something that each person will have to decide what to do...I knew that this was what I had to do...I had tried everything else. Diet pills, Atkins, South Beach, staples in my ears, hypnosis, Weight Watchers, you name it, I tried it..only to fail each time...oh, I would lose and then gain it all back and then some..

My insurance wouldn't pay one penny , but it is well worth the $15,000.00 I had to pay...I would do it again tomorrow....