Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having trouble regulating their mood post op?

I am miserable! I don't want to get out of bed, my dreams are awful and I wake up shaking.

I am in therapy and have been doing pretty well until now.

Anyone go through this and if so how long did it last?

Thanks.

I too have found myself a bit moody and now even more than my usual self during my period.

Don't know the science behind it but I am just keeping hope alive that this too shall pass.

Some research says that alow carb diet can depress mood, also we lost a way to improve mood, eating. I have had more anxiety so i understand

Mine has lasted about three weeks up to now, however I did come off Prozac and HRT before surgery so it was to be expected. Last weekend, I spent the whole time in bed watching films and having a pity party. I really wanted to stay away from the hubster to give him a bit of respite from my mood. I am back on HRT now but won't be going back on Prozac.

I do feel much better this week although on the odd occasion I can be heard shouting at the laptop, rolling my eyes and sighing all dramatic like when I read some posts. When I feel like that, X is my best friend.

In my day to day life I do say, "f*ck RIGHT off" a lot, in my head, especially at work, whilst plastering a smile on my face. It helps. ;)

I hear you all loud and clear! I have been especially moody during my periods too! Was a complete psycho for the first 7 weeks postop

Glad to hear I'm not alone! I was excited to do this surgery and didn't expect mood dives afterwards.

Kate why are you going off Prozac?

@@Shainadelphia

I have been on and off it for 22 years due to my thyroid -- Blah Blah (long story). Its time I had a break again and I am fine with that. I want to get off BP tablets too if I can, so all I will be taking is natural thyroid and Vitamins. Fingers crossed.

Yep. I had to increase my thyroid med and my depression med (Brintellix). Very patiently waiting for both to kick in. Had a much better weekend yesterday and today than last weekend when I couldn't motivate myself to get off the couch, so hoping the med increase is starting to work.

I'm in the can't get off the couch phase. Been watching tv like it's going out of style!

I did realize after reading someone's post that I had gone off my HRT and that may be part of it so I started back up.

I'm only 3 days post op. I figured I'd be tired and achey -- just not so blue.

And of course this is harder because there is no food to turn to for comfort.

Just Protein shakes! I can't wait for some "real" food!! Even a bite would be amazing.

Lord knows I've had my moments too ... my blueness comes from ( of course ) not turning to food for every emotion I have ...

but also ... I had to come off my pain medication for surgery ... and I got back on a different kind after ... and the effects of that were making me spin in circles as far as mood goes ...

I was on the other medication since 2006 ... so that is a long time ... and my body got used to it ... and it not only helped with my arthritis pain ... but it also worked on my moods ...

so I definitely can understand how all of us feel ... it's like surgery strips us LITERALLY of all the bad things we had done to ourselves in the past ... not just the food ... but medication too ...

so it's like being born again and learning how to live properly ... all from scratch ...

I trust we all know it's a loooong process ... but we're worth it ... and we'll make it !

I had this problem a couple weeks ago, but I started working out at a gym and it seems like the endorphins are winning the battle now.