Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stopped weight loss

Hi guys had sleeve March 14. Lost 6.5 stones. Weight is now stagnating and can't lose any more... has this happened to others and if so what can u do to get it going again.

How much more are you looking to lose? Great job on what you've done so far!! (I had to look up that 6.5 stone is about 91 pounds).

I'd like to lose at least another 4 stone lol. I'm so happy with the 6.5 stone..... but I was told you can achieve 11 stones all together. My consultant said he doesn't understand why to not continued to work ?

What are you eating right now? Protein, carb, Water intake? Are you exercising at all?

Also, how long have you been stuck?

I've been stuck about 6 months now.... I've tried all manner of ways. Restricted calories. No carb diets. Even tried a few weeks at a liquid diet....yak. Nothing at all works. I eat example...1 weekabix cheese salad or ham salad or half a sandwich. Then even meal pretty much what I'm given the family,just baby portions. Still can't eat a lot food wise. I'm diabetic as well and my blood sugars do dip low from time to time so I know when I'm not eating enough.

Yeah I joined a gym and try and go three times a week. Doesn't always happen. ????

Water intake is terrible I hate the stuff..... drink way to much coffee

There's your answer. I would limit coffee to one a day, increase the Water and lay off the carbs in the sandwiches. Try lettuce wraps instead. I avoid breads, pastas and rice like the plague.

I try to avoid cards only rear occasions do I eat any. Trouble is I can't totally stop them, I have diabetes so need to have some sensible long lasting cards in my diet.

I understand Water is a problem for me but I can't stomach it. I went 2 months drinking 2lts through the day... and vomited most of it back out. I hate the stuff??? Tried all sorts... fruit teas. Fresh fruit in the water. Weak squash. The list is endless. And still I vomit?

I understand Water is a problem for me but I can't stomach it. I went 2 months drinking 2lts through the day... and vomited most of it back out. I hate the stuff??? Tried all sorts... fruit teas. Fresh fruit in the water. Weak squash. The list is endless. And still I vomit?

I loved water before surgery, after surgery forget about it.....then I tried putting it in the freezer to get it really cold, now I can't get enough of it.

It's called a weight stall or just "stall" for short. Everyone experiences them. They can last from days to months, depending on the person. You can shock your body back into weight loss mode through a no carb diet but since you are diabetic then I would advise you to speak to your doctor. Otherwise, increasing your exercise is the only way to go. Good luck!

I keep pretty much the same diet rules that were given to me post op. I eat at least 60 g of Protein each day, normally it ends up being between 70-80. I also drink water- although lately i've been having trouble since school started back up and I get in about 6.5 each day at the moment. That is a goal of mine for this week. Also, are you taking your Vitamins? Sometimes missing Water and/or Vitamins blocks the process of breaking down body fat. You need both Water and certain nutrients for your body to be able to do what it needs to do. I do not ever eat bread, rice, potatoes, etc. I LOVE(d) them, but they do not do anything good for me. I eat cheese, meat, and Protein bars/shakes, and some nuts. Wait 30 minutes after meals to drink so that you get the full feeling/avoid washing food through prematurely. I also weigh/track all of my food. That helps me a lot I think because I know I'm eating good portion sizes and I also know where I am protein and carb wise for the day. My PA told me to limit carbs to 50g/day.

I hope this helps!