Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Richmond California Kaiser? anyone

May i ask can anyone of you please tell your whole experience from the time your dr sent the referral till surgery??. ., did u have to do options program??? How long was your process?? I am so happy for u all i wish it were me... im going to the four hour orientation next week. Can u tell me about your experience? ??

Also the orientation is very informative ,, long you might get Liz she's ummm interesting .. If you have any questions ask there ... Keep your binder they give you it helps and has tons of info. You also find out who your surgeon is .. That day. My process went fast .. Everyone's process is different. It's really the psych evaluation that pro longs it if you can get a appointment before he gets booked you will be cool. Options? What is that? Didn't hear about that

Ha yes Liz is veryyyyy interesting. I wonder if she had this operation. she kind of scared me.ha. yes one time I didnt have something filled out in the binder and I was like a kid at school getting reamed.. yikes.never forgot again.

she did have the surgery .. I can tell by how "passionate " she is plus the extra skin under her arms and the person recipes she has. She's cool but she will get on you quickly lol. Half the people in orientation never came back lol I don't know what scared them the surgery or her????????????????

Edited by lachellove

Lol i went to orientation yesterday and met Liz,dr.braggs and the NUT.. alot of information

I am having my surgery at Kaiser Richmond also with Dr.Baggs. I hit my pre-op goal just waiting on Liz to call me back for my pre-op appt date and the scheduling of my surgery. I'm doing the RNY procedure.

Hi all. Having my surgery on Oct 19*2015 at Richmond california Kaiser.Anyone else having it there? or have had it there? curious about your experiences with this hospital. So far everyone there for my appointments have been great. I travel an hour to get there each time. Please share if you can. thank you so much.

Wow you only had to lose five pounds??? I hope i dont have to lose alot..lol

how much do you weigh now ??

Thank you so much. Dr. Braggs is my surgeon i meet with him in a couple weeks. Will he go over with me what i need to do to get my surgery approved??

I weigh 348

Wow you only had to lose five pounds??? I hope i dont have to lose alot..lol

how much do you weigh now ??

I weigh 348

I'm waiting to lose the last pound of my 31.5 pound pre-surgery goal weight for my meeting with Liz. I had the orientation 2 weeks after referral, met with surgeon (Dr. Im) 1 week later, waited a month to see the psych and now just need to meet goal to meet with Liz. Options isn't required for Richmond, but it is for SoCal and some other Kaisers. Instead, we have a binder with a meal plan that we need to follow that is pretty low GI and about 1200 cals/day.

Rena

wow thank you for sharing! Dr. Baggs does seem so sweet and kind. Makes a big difference. thanks!!

I had my surgery at Richmond too! Yay! I'm so excited for you!

I had a great experience. All I have to say is get up and walk, walk, walk!!! So excited for you!

I had Dr Baggs too. He was so kind, took his time to talk to you on the day of surgery, swung by in the evening and then came again the next morning before I was discharged. I wasn't in the hospital for a full day (22hrs total)!

May i ask how much weight you had to lose and how much weight have you lost since surgery??

I'm waiting to lose the last pound of my 31.5 pound pre-surgery goal weight for my meeting with Liz. I had the orientation 2 weeks after referral, met with surgeon (Dr. Im) 1 week later, waited a month to see the psych and now just need to meet goal to meet with Liz. Options isn't required for Richmond, but it is for SoCal and some other Kaisers. Instead, we have a binder with a meal plan that we need to follow that is pretty low GI and about 1200 cals/day.

Rena

Are you getting sleeve or rny?

Liz called me for my pre op appt, which is next Tuesday I'm so excited! I have a question, what should I expect at that appt? Just a little curious.

Rena

This is awsome btw!!! You are well on your way

Liz called me for my pre op appt, whoich is next Tuesday I'm so excited! I have a question, what should I expect at that appt? Just a little curious.

I know you have to answer those questions in the back of your binder. Im still in the beggining stages i meet with dr braggs on the 15th so i really dont know. Are u getting rny?? What was the consultation like??

Liz called me for my pre op appt, whoich is next Tuesday I'm so excited! I have a question, what should I expect at that appt? Just a little curious.

I know you have to answer those questions in the back of your binder. Im still in the beggining stages i meet with dr braggs on the 15th so i really dont know. Are u getting rny?? What was the consultation like??

I am getting the rny. The consultation was easy . with dr . baggs he pretty much went over the forms we had to fill out and talk about what procedure you are considering. He doesn't really choose for you. He goes with what you would like to do, and then its set in stone. Je answers all your questions and is very detailed. He gives you your goal weight and tells you if their are any other classes he wants you to take.

i have my appointment with Liz next tuesday... how far out did she schedule surgery? how was the meeting overall?