Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on 9/4 and just started soft foods my doc said it was ok. But I have only lost 13 pounds and have been at a stall for 4 days. Is it the soft foods are maybe I am not walking enough, I am starting back with my trainer next week.

Has anyone else had this problem.

Edited by dem16

1.Step away from the scale. If looking at those numbers makes you crazy, put it away. Personally I only weigh once a month or when I go to the doctor's whichever comes first. However if you must weight more frequently than that, I recommend no more than once a week.

2. It isn't "only" 13 lbs. It's 13lbs of fat gone forever. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

3. Do not compare yourself to others, some are fast losers, some are slow losers. People who start at a higher weight will have a faster weight loss than those who start in the 200's. Men lose faster than women. There are just too many variables; co-morbs, age, hormones, etc... all play a part in how you lose.

4. There is such a thing called the 3 week stall. It just happens. Keep in mind no matter how short or long a stall is, if you are following your program, it will eventually break. You body is adjusting to all the changes happening at once. Once it gets the message you are not dying, the weight loss will resume.

5. Make sure your are hitting at least the minimum Protein and Fluid goals. Personally speaking I think exercise does help.

In short, you are fine and as long as you are not gaining, you're doing well. Hang in there, stay positive and keep going! A better way to measure you progress is to take your measurements. I measure neck, boobs, waist and hips. even when the scale isn't moving, your measurements will show how your body is changing.

Thanks for the advice,

I just think I am so nervous ,That this is not going to work and I am going to screw it up. I had the band put in 8 years ago but I had so much reflux and gain some of the weight back my surgeon did the sleeve.

I started at 298 and now at 285 so I thought it would be more then 13 pounds by now. I am following the program has much has my body will allow.

The one thing that is hard for me is the liquid intake. It says your supposed have 64 ounce a day, I am still working up to that.

I also have PCOS which makes it harder more me to lose weight, but I lost almost 80 pounds with the band so I know it can happen.

My mom like it's been 2 weeks stop driving yourself crazy.

Thank you for posting this.Very encouraging! Four weeks until my surgery. So happy to read this. Good reminders!!!!

1.Step away from the scale. If looking at those numbers makes you crazy, put it away. Personally I only weigh once a month or when I go to the doctor's whichever comes first. However if you must weight more frequently than that, I recommend no more than once a week.

2. It isn't "only" 13 lbs. It's 13lbs of fat gone forever. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

3. Do not compare yourself to others, some are fast losers, some are slow losers. People who start at a higher weight will have a faster weight loss than those who start in the 200's. Men lose faster than women. There are just too many variables; co-morbs, age, hormones, etc... all play a part in how you lose.

4. There is such a thing called the 3 week stall. It just happens. Keep in mind no matter how short or long a stall is, if you are following your program, it will eventually break. You body is adjusting to all the changes happening at once. Once it gets the message you are not dying, the weight loss will resume.

5. Make sure your are hitting at least the minimum Protein and Fluid goals. Personally speaking I think exercise does help.

In short, you are fine and as long as you are not gaining, you're doing well. Hang in there, stay positive and keep going! A better way to measure you progress is to take your measurements. I measure neck, boobs, waist and hips. even when the scale isn't moving, your measurements will show how your body is changing.

My NUT said I do not have to drink the 64 oz right off the bat, because I really wouldn't be able to anyway. Stomach has to heal, that would cause you not to be able to drink as much. I drink as much as I can tolerate. The 64 oz rule for me comes with the real food eating. Once I start that, I need to get in the 64 oz. I'm just one week out, surgery was 9/21. I try not to rely on the scale, but it's habit. Just a bunch of changes to make, but I know this is the right choice. Just need to relax about it and stay on plan. And, thank you BLERDgirl, for your response, it was very helpful. Appreciate it.