Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 days post op

Hi everyone,

My sister and I both had surgery 10th Sept. We live in Australia.

We are both having a tough time at the moment, mostly with being so bored and everything is so mindless, days are going very slow.

We are still on liquids for another 5 days, struggling with the Protein shakes as they make us nauseous after every time we have them, has anyone else had this?? We have switched Protein to a different type and still get the same nausea.

I have lost 6.8kg (14 pounds) in 10 days and my sister 9.4kg (20 pounds).

We are also having trouble sleeping, was thinking this could be due to the anesthetic, has anyone else had this problem?

Would be really great to hear your feedback and support.

When do you start to feel better??!

I would call your doctors office and see if they can perscribe you something for the nausea. I think alot of people get that at first I would call them and confirm if it should be a concern and if you need to go in to see the Dr.

They have given us medication for nausea to take 3 times daily. Problem is it isn't doing a whole lot. I will call surgeon on Monday to follow up, thanks!

Hi. The Protein Shakes tasted funny to me after the surgery...they were sickeningly sweet. I suffered with nausea and dry heaving and it was so bad I was readmitted for 4 days. It will get better! Call your doc on Monday. Best of luck.

Margie122 - you poor thing! That must have been horrible!! The nausea has eased, am feeling very weak, but definitely getting better everyday. How long post op are you?

Hi, I'm doing very well, just bored with liquids already and finding the idea of being on liquids for another 3 weeks a daunting???? I wish I could have tuna, never thought I would say I would like some tuna! How do you ladies find the liquids, what to you have as liquids?

Hi all. My surgery was Sept 9th.

I really dislike the taste of Protein shakes now too. I am doing lots of Soups (broths) and have also had some mashed squash.

A couple more days and I can expand my diet.

Edited by magicalwoman

I have lost about a pound a day. So I'm not complaining.

Pipsqeak- the liquids are tough!! We only have 3 more days on them though then we can move on to puréed, thank god!!

I never knew it was going to be so hard, I think we are through the worst of it now though hopefully!!

liquids, we are having a drink called recover (was having Optifast but was giving me an upset stomach) and Soups and thinned down custard. Mainly just the drinks though. How about you??

Magical Woman - a pound a day is fantastic! Congrats! I really am beginning to hate the Protein aswell, you can only have something everyday for so long!!

The only Protein powders I can stand are from Unjury and lately I'm only using classic chocolate and unflavored.