Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If You Loose You Hair, Will It Grow Back.

HI,

HOPE YOU CAN ANSWER THIS QUES. FOR ME PLEASE..... :D

IF YOU LOOSE YOUR hair , DOES IT GROW BACK. WHEN YOU START TO TAKE YOUR Protein AGAIN. IS THEIR ANY OTHER SOURCE OF VITA OR MINERALS THAT CAN REPLACE THE PROTEIN... AND PREVENT THE Hair loss? YOU GUYS ARE SO GOOD AT KNOWING ALL OF THIS , HAS ANY ONE OF YOU GROWN YOUR HAIR BACK. OR HAVE GROWN YOUR HAIR BACK TO NORMAL. DOES IT EVEN GROW BACK NORMAL AGAIN..... :think

MARGIE

----------------------------------------------

margie

295/257.8/-37

THERE ARE TIMES WHEN TO MANY THOUGHTS CLOUD THE MIND..

That seems to be a many-sided issue. I have not lost my hair since my banding. But I did several years ago, due to hormone changes. It eventually slowed down and is fine now. Then there's the question that the anesthesia could be what triggers Hair loss. Regardless, I haven't heard of anyone going completely bald! It does level off. Please do be sure that you are getting enough Protein. This is very important for your muscles. Best of luck to you!

Yes, it grows back. In fact, it's probably growing back before it even falls out. Most people think it's hormones or anesthesia. Just make sure you get adequate Protein and you'll be fine. And it doesn't ALL fall out. Just some of it. :D

I heard it thru the grape vines that your hair does grow back, Thank God cause I've lost quite a bit of mine. It has stopped falling out by now (I think it's done shedding) and no one notices but me. Why, have you started to shed?

I ask my doctor about this before surgery, and he said it was hormones. It grows back, in fact most of the ladies said they felt the new groweth coming in as the old was falling out.

Lisa brings up a good point. No one noticed that I lost any hair -- and I lost a lot. And no one noticed that my hair is much shorter, because it still falls a little below my shoulders (used to be to my waist.) It doesn't really show that much if you have a normal thickness of hair.

thank you all so much, :Bunny

yes, i did , i was taking a shower and washed my hair , and saw all this hair , on the tub, and notice the thinning also , i got worried.. is this a long time thing or just the first few months..i'm concern. the only thing that looks good is my head..lol: )..you know makeup, trying to look nice to go out, and not feel self conscious about myself..

so thank you, is help me to feel better. and not worry to much.. just a brife note . but, will reply, long later , in a rush to go out , but, just wanted to say thanks.

margie....

---------------------------------

margie

295/257.8/-37

A HEALING WORD IS LIKE A COOL DRINK OF Water, TO A THIRSTY SOUL....

as an experienced hair looser..... it does come back....years ago, when i went on an extreme diet, i lost 100lbs, and 2lbs of that was hair... it came back.... Since the band, i have lost a lot of hair... i don't notice so much on my head, but, my shower drain needs to be cleaned daily..... i started being watchful of taking my Vitamins, and definately noticed a difference when i did a Protein Shake everyday.... i always said i'm taking enough protein... i didn't want to take the extra calories of a shake, but i changed that toon.... definately less Hair loss with the shakes... worth the calories....

thank you for sharing ,

your thoughts and experiances, with me, lifted me up so much,

went out today, for a car ride with my hubby, and listening to music, oldies. and didn't worry, is been years, that i haven't been out like that. just to enjoy the day, and he notice my hair, and said it really looked nice,i thought he might notice the thinny but, he didn't . i'm glad i read these words you girls wrote. helped to make my day. and my hubby's kind thoughts too.

thanks, margie....

Sounds like some of you are lucky!! For me, my Hair loss did not come back. I have been banded for over a year, hair loss ended last spring, but nothing new coming in. Even using Nioxin Shampoo, along with the scalp treatments they sell. I ended up cutting it really short, I now have a skinny face so it looks great

keep up with as healthy a diet as you can.... the hair may come back... sometimes when your body is shocked.(large weight loss).. you can have permanent Hair loss. but hopefully not in your situation..it's better to feed your hair from the inside than the outside... try Vitamins for hair loss (biotin) good diet, and make sure you are getting enough Protein...... shoprite sells natures bounty for hair,nails and skin, pink bottle.. not to expensive...

also,,, i heard our hormones are stored in fatty tissue.... when we loose fat, we can temporarily put our hormones in an imbalance... this will equal out....

God bless this website and this posting. I have also lost TONS of hair since my banding last Dec 2004. My hair is long, really thick and there's lots but I just see hair on the floor, in the tub and less on my head. it is very disheartening but I was comforted to see that it seems like most of you had your hair grow back. thank you band community!

I havent had a major Hair loss. I take a liquid Vitamin that Penni recommended - and it HELPS! This may sound funny, but if I forget to take it for a couple of days I will notice my hair falling. So I believe that this vitamin has definately helped reduce my hairloss.

Its called Source of Life - most viamin and herbal stores carry it.

hi,

your thoughts and experiance, are so welcomed,...thank you, all,

even thow they tell you, some how, you don't think , it mite happen to you,... so now, is how do you get it back.?

cause, it's gotten thinner, and my hair , was short to begin with, and i was trying to let it grow when i had the band. now is neck length but, thinner,..... Vitamins , sound good, and hormones make sense too, weight loss and the oper.too make sense.... is so much , to know.... but , i'll try it and get back to you. on it..thank you so much, is been very helpful to know all this, now, i have something to work with,, :Bunny

margie...