Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else with lymphedema?

I have lymphedema in both legs .. and even with the weight I've lost so far ... they don't seem to be going down much ...

a few years ago I lost weight and they went down "some" ... but now ... they are just as hard and big as they were pre-op ....

so anyone out there have any stories to share with me?

I need a glimmer of hope that when I lose the weight I want to ... that I could wear capri pants in public ... ya know?

thanks everyone

I have it too and carry most of my weight in my lower body.

My right leg has been shrinking faster than my right so I am a bit lopsided!

My PA at my last surgical follow up said she would be worried I was losing too fast except that a lot of my list weight is due to the Fluid in my legs.

I talked to my PC at my last appointment about seeing a physical therapist about my legs. I saw one before surgery and she recommended we hold off on treatment until after surgery. My PC seemed to think that I didn't need to see a physical therapist right now as I am losing weight so rapidly and it should make a difference in my legs. It just may take some time.

I have heard of people on here who do have treatment, even after they have lost weight, so that still might be something I will need to do.

I don't know how your body will lose the weight. Mine is certainly unpredictable!

What does your doctor say?

@@Inner Surfer Girl doc says that as long as I'm losing to not worry too much about the lymhedmea right now ... that in time it will go down a little bit ... but it's something i'll always have ... you know, until about 4 years ago .. I didn't even know I had it ... I thought it was just fat ... it just seems to be so much more sensitive after surgery than prior ... so maybe it's waking up and will start going away .... one can only hope!

My left is a slightly bigger than my right ... both legs start at my knees and go down ... so buying pants right now is so hard ... I'm one size in my waist / hips / thighs and the bottom I have to buy the wide leg type of pants just so that the top fits ....

I know I shouldn't complain ... the weight is coming off and I'm doing okay ... it's just I read / hear stories about girls getting ready for winter with skinny jeans and boots ... man I cant remember the last time I could wear shoes / boots that went over my ankles ...

so I was just wanting to share my thoughts / story and see if someone else shared my struggle ...

thank you for sharing surfer girl!

I still don't wear pants so am also curious if someday I will get to wear jeans and boots, too!

If you are like me, it may just be more noticeable to you now because everything else is shrinking so fast. I have been surprised how quickly my thighs, especially my inner thighs, are shrinking. It shakes up my perceptions!

@@Inner Surfer Girl I hate looking at my inner thighs ... they look like something from another planet ! icky!

I'll stay dressed for the rest of my life ! LOL

all kidding aside ... I am grateful for the new me that is starting to come out ... truly I am ... without this surgery this would NOT have happened for me ... and it's sad to say but I would be wheel chair bound ... I need to have knee replacements ... but the doctor said because of my weight and lymphedema he couldn't perform the surgery ... so having the my knee replacements in a few years was one of the biggest deciding factors in my weight loss surgery ...

Everything for a reason ! :)