Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else have Chaotic weight loss?

Was just going through my spreadsheet on weight lost and saw some really strange numbers...was sleeved in early May of this year. Weight lost per month:

May: 27 lbs

June: 2 lbs

July: 14 lbs

August: 18 lbs

1/2 of Sep: 10 lbs

I know there was the dreaded 3 week stall in there, but the scale barely moved in June and now it seems like the further out I am the more and faster I am losing. I expected to lose a ton a first and then start slowing down significantly. Anyone else experiencing this sort of weight loss pattern? Seems strange, but definitely not complaining!

Wow glad you're doing well. I hope I am as lucky as you. Getting ready to have my surgery this Friday. Good luck with your journey.

i dont think its strange your body decides what it wants to lose and when just enjoy the ride

You are also only 4 months along. I promise it will slow down the closer you get to goal and you'll wish you would see this kind of loss again.

Also, it all depends on how much you have to lose.

And of course there will likely be other stalls.

@@Djmohr

I am actually beginning to worry about losing too much weight. I guess that's why I asked the question if anyone has had this. I used as a goal weight what I weighed when I got out of the Army in the mid 90's and was at 10% body fat. At this rate I will be at goal in about 6 weeks, but then what? I have cranked up my calories to over 1500, but that's about as much as I can eat at this point without going into slider foods, which I really have no desire to do.

@@slvarltx

Wow! You are lucky that your metabolism is so high and your weight seems to be coming off rapidly. I do understand you're concern. I would suggest talking to your nut if you are truly worried about losing too much weight.

Have you considered your goal may be too high? From what I understand our bodies will adjust and stop when they are ready to for the most part.

I know you are going off your old military weight but I am also guessing your body makeup might have been different at that time. Muscle weighs more than fat.

Have you looked at the healthy weight scales for men your height? It might give you some guidance if you are interested in understanding your healthy weight.

I do understand that you also may not be comfortable at a weight so low but it is just a thought. I ended up using the high end of the scale for me as a goal but honestly the closer I get, I wonder if that might be thinner than I would like. The reason I am using that number is everyone should e left some regain so I want to make sure I have room for that to happen.

Just a thought, you have to do what is right for you. I would definately talk to your nutritionist.

The muscle mass is definitely a good point. My goal from my surgeon was to be at 230 lbs by my 6 month appointment in november, which i have already hit. I will probably have this discussion with him then. I just didnt expect this type if result, especially after my bodies resistance at first. Thank you for your insight.

@@slvarltx

What the heck are you doing? I mean, I am glad to be losing, but I wouldn't mind losing a little faster LOL.

That is unreal!

Seriously though, I can see what you mean about your calories! I have no clue what to suggest!!

Was just going through my spreadsheet on weight lost and saw some really strange numbers...was sleeved in early May of this year. Weight lost per month:

May: 27 lbs

June: 2 lbs

July: 14 lbs

August: 18 lbs

1/2 of Sep: 10 lbs

I know there was the dreaded 3 week stall in there, but the scale barely moved in June and now it seems like the further out I am the more and faster I am losing. I expected to lose a ton a first and then start slowing down significantly. Anyone else experiencing this sort of weight loss pattern? Seems strange, but definitely not complaining!

That sounds awesome to me and not at all chaotic b

Thanks all...I guess it just happened so fast...especially after the entire month of June with the scale not moving. My waist went from a 48 to a 38 in just 5 months. I have had people that I haven't seen for awhile walk right past me without recognizing me. Guess it just takes a bit of time for the brain to catch up with the body.