Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bathing suit recommendation needed

I'm down from a size 24 to a 14. Wow, it's even more impressive writing it down. We're invited to two barbeques in the next few weeks at homes with pools. I can't remember the last time I wore a bathing suit. I don't think I've ever swum (swam?) in public as an adult.

It's time for a dip in the pool, which means a bathing suit! Anyone have a recommendation for a good one piece suit with a tummy control portion to handle that lovely extra tummy skin? I'd like to order online--really don't have time to get to a store anytime soon.

Thanks, everyone!

MC

Try landsend.com They do suits for different figure problems. I don't remember which one I bought, but it had shirring to one side and a built in bra...in a dark cobalt blue. Good luck! We are a definite figure challenge!

That's funny, I saw the thread and was thinking Lands End. They have a huge selection and swim suit toppers too. I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and it was delivered quickly.

My swim suit consists of either

1. A one piec "jogger" style with attatched shorts.

2. Tankini top and swim shorts

3. One piece with good "girl" support and swimshorts

When I do aquaaerobics I often wear a sports bra in the same color underneath the tankini top... (I am top heavy and need the support)

Also when looking for suits I often try to find them with underwires built in.

You might find that a tankini is more flattering than a one piece. I didn't think I would like them, but I tried a couple and they just look better than the one pieces.

I also vote for the tankini. Before my honeymoon I went out to get a new swimsuit, as my other one was too big, and I wanted something nice for my trip. It was expensive, but I went to Macy's and got a tankini that was a halter top with underwires. I'm DDD/F (jeebus), and this made a HUGE difference for me. The top was $40 or $50, and the bottom was another $30. Probably if it wasn't for my honeymoon, I would have spent the money on the top and found a cheaper bottom that went with it. Also, at Kohl's I found a cute little swim skirt to go over it (not a swimsuit bottom that is a skirt, but a coverup).

I am wary of ordering online for things that have to *fit*. There's been something wrong every time.

I prefer a tankini too - I usually wear the top with board shorts.

Even after the weight loss, and I dont have a lot of sagging skin, my body is not bikini worthy, lol. It just looks better with a little more camouflage round the hips and thighs, I have (and always had) saddlebags and cellulite there - people dont need to see it.

Plus I"m tall and one pieces always give me not only rear wedgies but FRONT wedgies too, lol, not a good look. They're never long enough for me.

Long time Land's End shopper here. They will even take them back - no hassles - as long as the panty liner is still in the suit. If you really want good customer service; give them a call and they'll get someone to help you with your fitting. Ha! You would think I owned stock!! :)

Good luck and big congrats on the new you!!! :clap2:

Picklebritches

Yup, Land's End or any flattering one piece from Robby Len.

Have Fun!