Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome to the "At or near goal forum"

Boy, that's the first time I have ever seen flaming on lap band talk!

I will not even get in the middle of that discussion, but I do have to say

no matter what, that was totally uncalled for.

I have to decide what my goal is. If 155 is my goal, I am ten lbs from goal.

This is because I lost 6 lbs in 3 days from being over filled. I got too tight of a fill on Friday, and could barely get liquid down. I got some taken out on Monday. I don't recommend losing weight this way. It was miserable. But it did break a very long plateau.

Getting back to my goal problem- My dr. says for my age and height I should weigh 135. 5'2" and I will be 55 years old next month. ;) I looked at pictures of me at 155 right after I had my daughter ( and I thought I was so fat then) and I now don't think I looked all that bad. I think I would have

a turkey neck at 135 because I am starting to have one already.

Anyway, I guess we will see how it goes. I will probably go on another long plateau, so I have awhile to worry about just exactly how much more I want to lose.

Interesting thread!

Hi Chickie

I guess as I read the responses, it felt like peole were arguing. My dr. says Protein first, then veggies not potatoes, rice, noddles or bread. A minimum of 30grams of other carbs. Weight lost is quick and effective with that and exercise. I take Vitamins and do not consider them "medications" they are supplements not quite the same. Since surgery other than my situatin right now, I have been very succesful. from378 to 206 right now. I had surgery so I wouldn't need "fast weight loss pills" and have embarked on a new life style. Isn't that what this is all about?

hi there Denise...

i am setting right were you are on a platue (sP)? i am affraid to have another fill but i need to get over this hump.

i'm no Dr. but I think that if you feel good and you are happy at 155, that is where you should be. for instance...they told me that i should weigh 135. i am 5foot 6 inches and a large bone structure. when i am at 175 to 170 i look great. that is where i was when i met my husband. people were actually telling me at that point if i lost anymore wieght i would look sick. so....where ever you feel comfortable is your goal.....

did you get some Fluid taken out today? i sure know what that is like and it is not fun!!!! i couldn't even keep liquids down....

take care

nmgirl

72 pounds gone...25 to go..... banded 5/8/06

Yea, I got some taken out on Monday. I was only too

tight for the weekend. I don't know how people manage

to continue to live like that. On the thread " I have to

sleep sitting up" there are people that have been

too tight for months. I was never so miserable in my life.

I am still on liquids. Ever since my defill, I still feel like

I am irritated inside. I am not hungry, so I have no desire

to try anything but liquid at this point. I am happy to

be losing again. :car:

Good girl!!!! It is pretty miserable to be too tight..and so stupid to stay that way like I did for 3 months for a wedding..BUT..I did get in that in that beautiful dress!!..lol..Family was worried about me though. That is not soemthing I will ever do again!!!!!!!!!

Hi Chickie

I guess as I read the responses, it felt like peole were arguing. My dr. says Protein first, then veggies not potatoes, rice, noddles or bread. A minimum of 30grams of other carbs. Weight lost is quick and effective with that and exercise. I take Vitamins and do not consider them "medications" they are supplements not quite the same. Since surgery other than my situatin right now, I have been very succesful. from378 to 206 right now. I had surgery so I wouldn't need "fast weight loss pills" and have embarked on a new life style. Isn't that what this is all about?

I think the only "argument" was that to be healthy, a person cannot live on meat alone. And to argue that those Zylene pills are not a diet pill is just silly. The description (I posted the link in another post) says it all anyway.

Vitamins to supplement a healthy diet is one thing, I have no problem with that (in fact, unless a banded person is sure that they are getting in enough vitamins through their diet, I think it is a good idea to take a multi vitamin). But to live on meat alone and take pills to make up for the lack of a varied diet is silly. And if I offended anyone by saying so, I am sorry. But I cannot stand by and nod my head and say "Yes! Wonderful! meat only till goal weight is a great idea! Health be dammed, starve your way to skinny!" when it is clearly a very bad idea.

I have to say, throughout the whole debate, I have been civil. Unlike some posters. It astounds me how nasty people can get when their idea's are challenged. But, I guess my mother taught me better than to pick on the way people look. I have manners! Yay me!

Boy, that's the first time I have ever seen flaming on lap band talk!

I will not even get in the middle of that discussion, but I do have to say

no matter what, that was totally uncalled for.

I have to decide what my goal is. If 155 is my goal, I am ten lbs from goal.

This is because I lost 6 lbs in 3 days from being over filled. I got too tight of a fill on Friday, and could barely get liquid down. I got some taken out on Monday. I don't recommend losing weight this way. It was miserable. But it did break a very long plateau.

Getting back to my goal problem- My dr. says for my age and height I should weigh 135. 5'2" and I will be 55 years old next month. :car: I looked at pictures of me at 155 right after I had my daughter ( and I thought I was so fat then) and I now don't think I looked all that bad. I think I would have

a turkey neck at 135 because I am starting to have one already.

Anyway, I guess we will see how it goes. I will probably go on another long plateau, so I have awhile to worry about just exactly how much more I want to lose.

Interesting thread!

It all comes down to where you feel healthy and happy. If you are happy at 155lbs, by all means, shoot for 155. And really, what's better? To get to 135lbs, and struggle to maintain, and be unhappy with your boday? Or to be a comfy 155?

Congrats of your loss to date! It's so good to see so many "losers" here!! :clap2:

I have to say, throughout the whole debate, I have been civil. Unlike some posters. It astounds me how nasty people can get when their idea's are challenged. But, I guess my mother taught me better than to pick on the way people look. I have manners! Yay me!

That's right, Chickie. Yay for you!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I think the only "argument" was that to be healthy, a person cannot live on meat alone. And to argue that those Zylene pills are not a diet pill is just silly. The description (I posted the link in another post) says it all anyway.

Vitamins to supplement a healthy diet is one thing, I have no problem with that (in fact, unless a banded person is sure that they are getting in enough Vitamins through their diet, I think it is a good idea to take a multi vitamin). But to live on meat alone and take pills to make up for the lack of a varied diet is silly. And if I offended anyone by saying so, I am sorry. But I cannot stand by and nod my head and say "Yes! Wonderful! meat only till goal weight is a great idea! Health be dammed, starve your way to skinny!" when it is clearly a very bad idea.

I agree with Chickie 100% and I did my honest best to be civil, I hope I did that! :)

I agree with Chickie 100% and I did my honest best to be civil, I hope I did that! :waytogo:

Oh! You did! You were civil, as was Wasa, and the others who weighed in. It was just one poster, and her comment (that was deleted by Alex).

Oh! You did! You were civil, as was Wasa, and the others who weighed in. It was just one poster, and her comment (that was deleted by Alex).

Sheesh... I should have read to the bottom of the thread.

I've been out of town for a few days and when I came back Denise was referring to flaming and such. I didn't think there was, now with this post it all makes sense.

THANKS Chickie! :eek:

I just saw you're I don't have a ticker line! :D Very cute! I never knew you lost THAT much! ! FANTASTIC!!

Why thank you!

The reason I don't have a ticker is I am just way too lazy to put together a ticker... So that is the compromise. LMAO

Wasa, I PM'd you.

Why thank you!

The reason I don't have a ticker is I am just way too lazy to put together a ticker... So that is the compromise. LMAO

Wasa, I PM'd you.

Wow... amazing. It would appear that instead of being happy for the weight loss of others, some are merely jealous.

You've done an amazing job Chickie and you are absolutely beautiful! You deserve all the credit in the world!