Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Welcome!

You have come tothe right place to make friends encouragement and information. This site is loaded with all of the above. Have you had your sirgery yet? Or are you still researching it? Either way this site Rocks!

We are like one big happy family..lots of love here..lots of laughter too. Penni & Delarla will keep you laughing all the time :D

Hope to see you here often

Thank you! I've been researching on another site but I wanted to go somewhere else to see what others are saying. I'm hoping to go to a seminar in Mesquite, TX this coming Tuesday. I did go to another one a couple of months ago but the doctors are very inexperienced with banding. I hope to keep a smile on my face while here!

TannsGranny, you have definitely found the place for research in a friendly, loving atmosphere! And you will be surprised at how many Texans are here, too! Glad to meetcha, welcome to the board!

TannsGranny: Let me guess you are a granny? ME TOO!! I have 6 grandkids. How many you got?? Keep your chin up and if in my case keep the razor sharp to shave the whiskers. LOL!! Welcome aboard. Tell us more about you. Come on spill the Beans.

Hi, Tanns, you've found a whole "boatload" of bandsters here! Best of luck to you while you research! How much weight are you wanting to lose?

Hello there everyone! Well, I am a granny, how did you guess?? My grandson just turned 4 years and my granddaughter is 4 months old as of today. Both are spoilt but I have NO CLUE how that happened. As for how much I want to lose, I'd like to get down to about 130lbs, I'm 240lbs right now and it's killing my back and I have 3 heart valves leaking. The weight is causing me to have a lot of tiredness and it's hard to breathe, especially at night when I retain more Water. Penni, I don't shave my chin, I'm in competition with my 21 year old son to see who can grow the most chin hair! So far he has me beat by a hair or 2 or 4 but I'm gaining. Speaking of hair, I had a stress test done for the first time about 2 years ago and when the electrodes were pulled from my chest it hurt! I went outside to the waiting area rubbing the top of my chest. Hubby asked what was wrong and I told him I had my chest hairs pulled out by the electrodes. He said I didn't have chest hair, I answered I didn't think so either but was just proven wrong. We were overheard by a few people that started laughing. Just amazing what you start cultivating on your body when you hit middle age, ain't it?

As for being banded, I'm trying to find an experienced doctor that's in my PPO and around here in southern Arkansas, there isn't anyone so I'm looking over in Texas. I have Cigna insurance and from my reading of other posts, it's gonna be a long hard battle to get them to approve. I'm just about at the end of my 6 month supervised diet and guess what? I've GAINED while trying to diet! And not on purpose either. Well, I'm off to get hubby up and going, he has to go into work 3 hours early today Hope to talk to ya'll soon!