Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I've been good when it comes to the idea of having this life changing surgery but the closer its getting wich is in 6 days I'm getting nervous and a tad scared.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Of course you are! Who hasn't been, with life-altering surgery scheduled? Just make sure you do all your research, so you are prepared for what is ahead - no surprises. Making an informed decision is the best thing to do for yourself, and takes away a lot of the fears.

Yes, there is pain, it passes. Yes, you will undoubtedly have some regrets (especially when you want to eat "normally" and can't), but as you adjust to your new lifestyle, that passes, too.

Ask yourself what you are doing this for, and be SATISFIED with the answers. When you go in for the surgery, know you are getting the best care, and have faith in your doctor and their staff. And I have faith that the Good Lord above will see you through this safe and sound! God bless you on your journey!!!!

Of course you are! Who hasn't been, with life-altering surgery scheduled? Just make sure you do all your research, so you are prepared for what is ahead - no surprises. Making an informed decision is the best thing to do for yourself, and takes away a lot of the fears.

Yes, there is pain, it passes. Yes, you will undoubtedly have some regrets (especially when you want to eat "normally" and can't), but as you adjust to your new lifestyle, that passes, too.

Ask yourself what you are doing this for, and be SATISFIED with the answers. When you go in for the surgery, know you are getting the best care, and have faith in your doctor and their staff. And I have faith that the Good Lord above will see you through this safe and sound! God bless you on your journey!!!!

Thank you the six months passed so quick. My mom had meantioned it to me and I looked into it. And its something I can benefit from having m.s. And the weight putting force on my legs boarder line sleep aknea. I've always been heavy so I'm looking toward this journey.and thank you for your words. ????

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I was still thinking of canceling it the night before surgery! The first 10 days post-op are no fun, but the surgery is SOOO worth it. I am almost 5 months out and feel no negative residual effects, but I can tell you:

1. I can work in the yard in the summer time all day and not get that tired

2. I can fit in an airplane seat with no discomfort

3. I do not have to take ANY medications anymore

4. I wake up every morning at 5 AM with plenty of energy

5. I do not snore anymore

The list goes on and on. For me, it was short term discomfort for what has so far been pretty easy weight loss. I have only had one incident with my sleeve and it really was my own fault, too many sugar alcohols at once (atkins bars), at week 4. Best of luck to you.

I too was scared/nervous/excited as the day of surgery approached.

But nervous overtook the others as I counted down to surgery day.

I had to go completely into denial about having surgery to make it through the day of surgery. :-P

Get my free eBook - The Top 10 WLS Fears and How to Kick Their Butt!

I just KNOW you're going to do fine, and once you are past the surgery a few months (it seems to take forever, but it REALLY does fly by) you are going to be so glad you did it. My diabetes is in remission....now, would I have EVER have gotten it to do that without the surgery? No way. And I was doing everything I could to get it that way. I didn't want to lose limbs, or my eyesight, or die from it. I don't know the future, but I DO know I DID do everything I could to help myself, and now you are too!!!! YAY! Carry on, my friend, we've got your back!!!!

Trust me when I say - we know what you are feeling. The comments above are GREAT. I will offer one more.

Take deep breaths and try to think about what the next part will be.... List of what you hopefully can do after surgery and think about how food will not be our driving force after surgery - Life will be our drive.

Breathe in....

Breathe out....

You have got this!!!

What really helped me out with this same feeling was watching funny YouTube videos from sleevers (my fave is Clusie). I needed a little humor added to all the seriousness that comes with life-altering surgery. Good luck to you!

Having mine done this Friday. I can truly relate. But like CnnonBaby I am a diabetic and I am doing this for me and my family. Looking to get off my meds and move on with a healthly life style and seeing my grandkids go to college and see how they grow with me in their lives. Good luck and keep in touch and let me know how your doing.