Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Electric pill grinder needed

My husband and I have been calling around various stores in San Francisco for an electric pill grinder. I had my surgery this week and feeling quite good over all, but have so many med and Vitamins needing crushing that it's time to purchase an electronic device. No store here seems to sell them.

We found the First Crush web site, selling an electric grinder for around $200. Let us know if you use that product and recommend it. Also, if you've found a different grinder that gets the job done, we'd appreciate the info.

Most drug stores sell pill splitters and pill crushers. They are fairly inexpensive. Do you really need an electric one? I used the pill crushers for the larger pills such as the Citracal Calcium supplements and a pill splitter for the smaller ones. Fortunately, my ability to swallow improved so that around the 2 or 3 month mark I was able to swallow even the largest pills.< /p>

Do not spend that kind of money on something you will use only a short time.

Try a mortar that u use for herbs, or go and ask your pharmacist. Mine was excellent and offered me my meds in different format. Ex: 4 pills 250mg instead of the huge 1000mg I could not swallow.

I have had thyroid cancer surgery 6 months ago and it is very difficult to swallow even a tylenol is not possible.

Once again, go to pharmacy first, way cheaper, they will help you.

Most drug stores sell pill splitters and pill crushers. They are fairly inexpensive. Do you really need an electric one? I used the pill crushers for the larger pills such as the Citracal Calcium supplements and a pill splitter for the smaller ones. Fortunately, my ability to swallow improved so that around the 2 or 3 month mark I was able to swallow even the largest pills.< /p>

The number of pills I have to crush is quite large and need to do so for coming months. I have already been using the splitter and crusher, and would prefer a more convenient method for getting my meds and Vitamins down. We need as much convenience with adhering to all the new changes as possible. Btw, my Citracil pills are coated and need to be split then crushed. Oy.

I use a marble mortar and pestle that my daughter paid $15 for. Amazon has them made of various products. A porcelain set sells for as little as $6.50, or you can go high and pay $30. I would at least try it before spending money on something so elaborate as electronic.

My hubby and I were in the kitchen going over the remainder of today's list of "meals" and Protein Shake and pill times, and we thought to try to coffee grinder as a solution to our needs. We tossed in two Citracil pills and in less than 10 seconds they were finely ground. Yes, we the answer already in our possession and no need to buy an official pill grinder.