Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No restriction after second fill...

...and I'm getting a third fill on Wednesday. I was banded 05-04-07 and have lost 18 pounds, but that happened on the two-week pre-op diet. I've not lost anything since then, and am bouncing up and down with 2 pounds lost/gained since being banded.

I have a 10cc VG band. I think I've got 4ccs in right now. I would appreciate feedback from people who have been in a similar position, and have gone on to lose weight after their third fill.

Thanks.

...and I'm getting a third fill on Wednesday. I was banded 05-04-07 and have lost 18 pounds, but that happened on the two-week pre-op diet. I've not lost anything since then, and am bouncing up and down with 2 pounds lost/gained since being banded.

I have a 10cc VG band. I think I've got 4ccs in right now. I would appreciate feedback from people who have been in a similar position, and have gone on to lose weight after their third fill.

Thanks.

I'm in the same boat, surgery 5/23/07, 2 fills, lost 25 pre-op, and just dance up and down by a couple of lbs.

In order to lose you need to have the right restriction. I can only eat 1-2 oz of meat at a time and 1/4 cup of food. I think that is perfect restriction. It took me 5 fills to get there.

I am going for my second fill on Wednesday 07/11/2007. I wasn't suppose to go back until 08/08/2007 but I am not happy with how I am able to eat and eat without getting full. For the 4th of July I ate 1/2 of a T-bone steak, a full ear of corn and 1/2 a baked potatoe before I actually felt satisfied. I was not stuffed! I called my doctor and told them this is not what I had this surgery for and I wanted a fill. So Wednesday I will go in for my second fill. We shall see what happens next...

Hello all I had my first fill today. I have an advance platform small band and got 3.8cc fill under fluroscopy. I can get liquids down fine. but having pain at band site (not at port site) and have a touch of nausea. Is this normal?

Many thanks

Me too! When I first came out of surgery, I had good restriction for a couple of weeks, then it slowly went away with the healing. I expected that kind of restriction with the fill and I got nothing. I'm wondering why I had good restriction for the one day? Any ideas out there?

How close together has anyone had a fill?

Tomorrow will make two weeks since my second fill. Tomorrow will make my third fill. I hope like Hell that I get some more restriction. As it stands now, this is a typical days' menu for me:

5:00am

coffee with half-n-half and Sweet-n-Low

8:00am

Coffee with half-n-half and Sweet-n-Low

9:00am

Decaf coffee with half-n-half and Sweet-n-Low

10:00am

1 cup cottage cheese

Noon

1 cup cooked vegetables

3 slices cheddar or Swiss cheese

3 slices hard salami

1:00pm

Diet iced tea

1 sugar-free hard candy (Live Savers)

2:00pm

Diet iced tea

1 sugar-free hard candy (Live Savers)

3:00pm

Diet generic Crystal Light

4:00pm

5:30pm

Coffee with half-n-half and Sweet-n-Low

6:00pm

large salad (bagged salad mix); probably 2 cups, with Ranch dressing

large piece of steak

¼ cup fat-free cottage cheese

1 cup plain, fat-free yogurt with Splenda mixed in

7:00pm

3 scoops No sugar-added ice cream or 1 sugar-free pudding

8:00pm

2 or 3 pieces of sugar-free hard candy (Live Savers)

I mean, I just sat here at my desk and had creamed spinach, 3 slices of hard salami, 3 slices of cheddar cheese, and a few sips of diet iced tea and I feel no restriction.

I hope I have restriction after my third fill tomorrow. I'm beginning to think that something is wrong with me, because everyone else is doing so well.

Wow! Hard salami? you can eat hard salami! Your diet looks very good but are you feeling restricted or just stopping eating? But swallowing hard salami seems a little strange to be able to do after a fill.

nikki

I had my first fill on the 28th of June. On the 3rd of July we had a potluck at work and I brought my famous enchiladas and trying to be good I made an antipasto salad. This salad had, black and green olives, marinated red bell pepper, cherry Roma tomatoes, salami, provolone cheese and red onions. I ate this salad easily. I also ate my enchiladas and a bite of peach cobbler.

My problem is not over eating, my problem is, I am not getting that 'full' feeling or satisfied feeling anymore with my 5-6 small meals a day. I find that when I eat a small cup of chicken salad with a few low-carb chips (I found some that have 70 calories for 16 chips which is perfect with my chicken/tuna salads). I am still hungry so I will dip into my yogurt, then my cottage cheese and maybe at that point I will start to feel satisfied. I pack myself 1000 calories for work.

I start my day with a package of Lower Sugar Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal (120 cal). Normally one pack does the trick, now I can eat two and I try and keep it thick instead of runny.

When I get home from work I will eat a 100 calorie treat, like sugar free ice cream or a sugar free pudding. My total calories for the day are right at about 1200. I use the FitDay.com software and I have been very good with making sure I don't go over.

Right after surgery this menu was doing very well for me. However, a week or so prior to my first fill is when I noticed I could eat more and was hungry. I didn't stress about it because I am very informed and have read many books about what to expect and regaining your appetite is one of those things. I was actually looking forward to and enjoying the eating normal for one week because I KNEW that it would be over with my first fill.

However, after my first fill I did expect to have some restriction and it seems just the opposite. The whole purpose of this surgery was to tame the hunger and to lose weight once and for all. I don't understand why we would have to wait an entire month to six weeks in-between fills. If you give it a good two weeks that should be plenty time for your stomach to recover from the tightening...

Okay, enough of my ranting...

Your diet looks very good but are you feeling restricted or just stopping eating?

I don't feel restriction. I just stop because I start to feel a little full, but no restriction. Today after lunch, I felt a little bit like sliming was starting, but no restriction.

I know what restriction feels like because I felt it for one day after my first fill. Since then, I've not felt that. I've even PBd once after eating a cookie too fast.

But, yes, I can eat hard salami and just about anything except a hot dog, unless I chew very well.

I'll let you know how it goes after my 3rd fill tomorrow morning.

I had my 2nd fill on June 28 (my birthday!). I have had such good restriction; I've been happy. I was actually worried, hoping to feel the 'stuck' on things…just to be sure my restriction is still there. (Crazy, I know!). However, I noticed that yesterday, and again today - I'm not feeling my restriction. Like - POOF - and it's gone? I mean, last week a slice of ham gave me the worst stuck yet! Don't get me wrong…not like I could imagine eating a whole 'wrap' sandwich. I'm sticking to whole proteins; seafood, filet mignon. I just know that it usually doesn't happen in just two fills. My doctor actually mentioned to me that I could be one of the few people who don't get a 'full' sensation with the band. Oh great.

How much have you lost so far in 5 months?

Not much...about 30 pounds.

***I'm very jealous of someone I know who did bypass, and lost fast.