Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

obsessing about weight loss?

@@VSGAnn2014

the photo was 137. A healthy BMI. The other comment I had is from my surgeons PA. He told me at 140 I should drop to 130 to be my Ideal weight. REALLY..Again why do people say this crap.

Oh let me guess....it was Bill who said that?? The same Bill who told me at 5 weeks out that 450 calories was too many?

On the one hand, people make stupid comments and really just need to shut up. My weight is not up for debate or discussion! People get to thinking that just because you aren't fat anymore, you are too thin. Others are all hung up with the BMI charts and think you are too fat if you are 25 for example - and you are not.

What worries me about some of the comments is they DO sound obsessive. Like really - will life be that much better at 130 vs 140? Why not 115? It is the wrong way to think... and it can lead to bad places in my opinion.

I unintentionally got 20# under goal at one point. I got so many compliments from men (everyone seems to like a white girl skinny) but I felt terrible. It was kinda cool to be wearing size 2s and 4s but it wasn't worth not feeling good. I lost weight because I was having problems. So, I have regained from there.. and when I look back at those pictures I love how I looked and want to look that way again.... but I took a few pix of the bones protruding from my back and chest and those are ugly.

So, I actually like how I look now but I am having issues with my hip and knee joints. I want to lose back down SOME because I think that will help with that.

I spent much of my life miserable over my weight (obesity) and i simply refuse to do that to myself just because I am too thick or too thin for other people's tastes. I am not going to judge myself like that.

And I ask the question again - will life be that much better at some magical number on the scale?

@@Babbs

Oh yes it was Bill.

@@CowgirlJane

I never needed approval before surgery. Its also not needed now. The mixed messages around weight loss is what catches me by surprise at this point. ..Brings out the worst in me. I had a rant moment.

I have to figure out how to be relaxed and drop my obsessive thoughts Still need to realize I'm at goal and get out of the weight loss mode......All that I have worked for is enough.

@@pink dahlia

I should have been more clear. What " REAL" women look like is just the name of the web site. The site is women that have posted photos of their body type. You type in your weight, height and the size you wear. It has helped me to see myself as no longer obese I know very much I am a woman..lol :D To better understand please take a look at the sites I mentioned.

Jenn1, I went to the recommended sites, very interesting ! Ive done the body simulator in the past a few times, its always fun to see myself go from heavy to slim. The only thing I can think of is for you to consider a new therapist , because based on what you've said , you only see her once every 6 months and you don't feel she's doing you any good ! I think you can do better ! (God bless good therapists !!) Finding a therapist that can get you over this problem might be money well spent ! Your body looks strong and healthy , now its time to get your mind there too ! You deserve it ! Good luck !

What real women look like.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Model my diet is a weight loss simulator.

http://www.modelmydiet.com/

P.S. Geesh, if id read read some of these comments first, ............ anyhoo, I like the comment "All that I have worked for is enough." Yes. That. Enough already on thinking that the more you obsess/lose, the "better" you'll be. You're already there, and you can't top "awesome!" ! As the song says "Let it be." And !!!! Who the hell is this idiot Bill in Idaho who's giving you all this crap ! ?? Anyone else feel an intervention coming on !? I sure do ! Again, you are enough ! That is all.

@@pink dahlia

LOL. I shouldn't have thrown his name out there like that really. But the reasons stated above are some of the reasons I chose at 6 weeks out to pursue follow up care with my PCP and not my surgeons office. Right or wrong, that was my choice. And you are so right. How can I be anymore awesome than I already am??

Anyone still obsessing about weight loss after goal.

I find myself looking up my body type in Model my diet and what real women look like. Every day on the scale afraid to gain. I wish I could stop myself from comparing stats on bariatricpal. I think its just me. I can't seem to relax and let go of a years worth of focus on weight loss.

I am 2.5 years out. I see too many post from vets, 3-5 years out who struggle with regain. I weigh daily and log my food hoping that this level of vigilance will stave off regain.

Anyone still obsessing about weight loss after goal.

I find myself looking up my body type in Model my diet and what real women look like. Every day on the scale afraid to gain. I wish I could stop myself from comparing stats on bariatricpal. I think its just me. I can't seem to relax and let go of a years worth of focus on weight loss.

I am 2.5 years out. I see too many post from vets, 3-5 years out who struggle with regain. I weigh daily and log my food hoping that this level of vigilance will stave off regain.

One of the reasons I still hang out here - and i will be 4 years in December - is to keep the focus and diligence. I did get to 10# over goal due to some health issues this year, but am whittling it off now and almost back to my goal weight!. Not bad considering I lost over 150#. I just didn't want 10# to become 100#... if you know what I mean.

It takes forever diligence and it gets harder, not easier. However, i think that maintaining a healthy weight is hard for nearly ALL women, especially post menopausal. Just look around when you go to the store or something - lots of people carry a bit extra. That is not an excuse I am just saying that we have lots of company in really needing to stay focused.