Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to this...5 days post op for me..

Hiii everybody!

I had the sleeve done on 9/2 .. along with my gallbladder removed and a small hiatal hernia fixed. Things have been okay so far.. I'm on a clear liquid diet for the first 7 days after (with the exception of protien shakes ) which as of today is starting to weigh on me. My biggest problem right now is swallowing. I get immediate pressure/ pain soon as I do... Idk if this is due to my actual sleeve or my other problems that were taken care of. Any advice would be great! Also, I live on Long Island, NY ... I went through Mather hospital, my surgeon was Dr Armad :)

Hey there! My surgery was also 9/2/15. I also had sleeve and hiatal hernia. (gallbladder was removed a couple years ago) ...I know exactly what pain/pressure ur talking about girl! I get the same thing. Then like a gurgle noise and then it settles. Right now, I'm dealing with alot of chest pressure and when I take deep breaths...it hurts! I think it has to do with anesthesia they used and air they blew us up with! I bought Premier Protein and haven't been able to drink those yet. They feel too heavy for me. All I've drank/ate is Water, ice chips, Isopure, Jello and propel. Hopefully tomorrow I can up it a notch and have some cream of wheat! I think ur problem has to do with ur new Itty bitty sleeve and the little space we have now. Hopefully things start normalizing soon!

Hello,

My sleeve was 8/17/15 I also had the same thing. Try going slower and use your 1 oz cups if they gave you those. I had to stop my shakes with milk it made me sick. I can no longer tolerate lactose. Bummer I love dairy and found some great meal ideas. Concentrate on getting your Fluid intake daily. Try Water in your shake and get unflavored Protein Powder to add it. I'm very weak last few days and can't go outside its been very hot and it makes me dizzy. Good luck

Normal! You're swollen inside after having major surgery! Relax and sip. It'll be a distant memory in no time.

Got my surgery September 1 in Long Island. Band removal gastric sleeve revision. If I feel like something might be a little slow going down I just take my three fingers and tap on my chest and that gets rid of it right away. Protein Drinks of going down I find that for else's is the max in one shot I can get down everything seems OK though.