Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tips to get through the POST OP 3 week liquid diet!

I was sleeved on August 31! I have to stay on a liquid diet for 3 weeks and its tough! So far I've had : chicken broth, Tomato Soup, sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, sugar free ice pops, chobani yogurt and carnation instant Breakfast. (none of which have made me sick!) But i need something else besides this, although the pudding (with skim milk ofcourse) and the Tomato Soup (also with skim milk) have really been getting me through! Anybody have any other idea as to what you can eat while on this liquid diet?!

Edited by leighannnn1791

--other kinds of cream Soup, or strained broth-based Soups

--protein shakes

--Unjury chicken soup Protein

--kefir (small amounts though, carbs tend to be high)

--cottage cheese (if permitted on your plan)

--G2, Powerade Zero, Lifewater Zero

Keep in mind that you don't actually "need" anything else, other than what you are already eating, you just want something else. This might be a good time to practice not treating food as entertainment -- especially early out, food should be about what nourishes you and is safe to eat rather than what is entertaining or interesting -- that can wait until later. /end soapbox mode.

I ate a lot of different kinds of Soups. Look for the Pacific Gold brand, sold in cartons near the canned Soup. Tomato bisque, creamy carrot, butternut squash, pureed black bean soup...

I also heated up Peanut Butter in the microwave and added a teaspoon or so of Water to make it very thin for an occasional taste.

I am not a sweets person, so I "needed" something other than SF pudding, Popsicles, etc.

In reality, though, it's only three weeks out of your life. Just take it one day at a time and if you can't do that, one meal at a time. This time is like childbirth, it really sucks while you are going through it, but as soon as you are done with it, you forget all about it.

Soups have been good for me. i just got some vegetable Soup and strained out the veggies. I added a little touch of lime, and it is so good. I am sipping on it right now.

I had surgery on 8/31 as well, and it can get a little boring being on the liquid phase. But to help me push through, I drink different flavors of Protein Drinks (I use isopure), and try to add different seasonings to my broths. Just take it a day at a time and you'll be done before you know it! ????

@@leighannnn1791 have you tried ready made Isopure? It comes in a bunch of juice flavors

Hi, I am also on the liquid diet at present, 7 days of clear and 17 days of full liquids. Im in the last 7 days. I found that home made leek Soup is really good, I added a bit of olive oil, sauteed the onion and the leeks then put them in the blender with extra stock, lovely! also home made mushroom Soup. I do add a bit of salt and even pepper. I do strain everything at the end to remove any strings and chunks.

For a different stock, I also bought one fish head and boiled it with carrots, onion, tomatoes and marrows, then drained it and again put everything(minus the fish head) in the blender, season it and it tastes really good and fishy! I mix the stock with the pureed vegies until I get the full liquid consistency.

I am also allowed to eat yoghurt so I buy all sorts of fat free flavoured ones.

lentil soup is a favourite of mine, again I boil all the vegies and the red lentil together, sieve it, then eat it!

I hope this helps.

@@leighannnn1791 I'm sorry you didn't like them! My favorite flavor right now is icy orange and I'm trying the green tea this evening. I'll let you know how it goes lol

@@carmenalivet that sounds great! and youre lucky youre allowed to eat yogurt! im only allowed chobani original no flavor, which tastes like sour cream to me! haha

@@ryebread icy orange sounds good, ill have to try that!! let me know how it is!

Hey sleeve sister!!! I was sleeved on August 31,2015....

thats awesome!!!! :)