Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you have PCOS prior to surgery?

I am still in my 6 month program for surgery and I have a few health conditions related to weight and PCOS is one of them. Has anyone that has had the surgery find that the weight loss from surgery helped your PCOS as far as abnormal hair (facial hair), fertility or anything like that?

@@Chelsea Marshall PCOS can also be associated with other medical conditions like Adrenal gland issues, such as what my daughter has, and she is within normal weight. She is only 15 so I don't know what her long term prognosis is in terms of her fertility . I will say that she has to be on birth control just to have periods. It doesn't have to be just a weight problem...are you sure it is weight related?

PCOS has been a hamper to my life...Hirutism,Weight issues....the band was not successful.I am heavy and fat and miserable...seeking a revision to RNY.

I have PCOS. I have had the dx for many years, with all the lovely things that go along with it. I have noticed no change in the 3.5 months since my surgery, but I am keeping my fingers crossed!

My diabetes has gone into remission. I used to take 2 oral diabetes meds, and I was on 2 types of insulin, 4 injections minimum, daily. I have been taken off 1 major heart medication, and two other heart meds, my Dr. reduced dosages.

I had the dosage of my cholesterol medication cut in half as well!

I'm hoping for a change in my PCOS status! That would be great!

Let's keep our fingers crossed. :)

Carol1965

This is fantastic.,,,this PCOS is stubborn but you are doing great....it's about the complete you!!!!You are cutting the medications out one by one,this is fantastic...I am inspired and hopeful.

Carol1965

You are doing great!Remember it is about the complete you.You are losing weight and knocking down those medications one by one and this is most important.Very important.You give me hope!Keep it up.

@@Pinkgirl1234 Thanks so much. I'm working on it. Now if I could just get more exercise in.

I have two bad knees and am nearing the weight I need to be, to have the surgery. One replacement, the other a big bone spur that needs to be ...well, whatever they do to that. Then I will be able to really walk more. *crosses my fingers* It's hampered my walking a lot.

But I'm glad I am still losing despite not really exercising much. I enjoy walking on my treadmill. Blasting music, and just kind of getting lost. :)

I have PCOS as well. It was a big deciding factor for me choosing the RNY. I'm only 3 weeks out and haven't noticed a difference yet but I have high hopes that I will see a change soon. Cross your fingers for me! ;)

This PCOS is rough!!!

I have PCOS and at week three I had my first period in two and a half years. Unfortunately I am still having a period (maybe the same one) I saw an OBGYN today to run tests. The facial hair should be able to be removed when your hormones are back in balance. hair does not magically stop growing. I had laser treatments when I was younger and it thinned out my chin hair quite a bit but because my hormones were out of balance new hair grew.