Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rumbling, grumbling, boiling

I am 4 days post op. I am virtually pain free, for which I am extremely grateful. It's been an interesting few days. I've had a few hours of reflux type symptoms, but the worst thing so far is that my gut sounds like there's a helluva party going on in there. It's just constantly growling and grumbling. Not painful, just noisy. Anyone else experience this?

Not always, but sometimes it's crazy loud! I'm 5 days post op. Also in no pain, having a smooth recovery, but it's funny when the room is quiet and my stomach is like, "hey everyone, listen to me!!"

It was gas for me from the anesthesia which can linger, I got better by walking and got some Gas X, reflux is reoccurring now from time to time so I take Prilosec, make sure you call your Dr. First before taking advise, we are all different

Same as what laguerr13 said ... walking & GasX strips helped. Mine went away within a week post-op. Still happens now & then with things I eat but the GasX helps.

You take gas-x just for rumbling, even with no gas pain?

Yes but not all symptoms occur in everyone, you gotta remember even though it's a relatively easy and safe surgery it is major and parts of your innards and stomach were manipulated, and alot of times the anesthesia causes more problems for people than the surgery itself

Miss Tummy sounded like a dinosaur fight for about six months.

I'm 9 weeks out and I still use 2-3 Gas-X a day. No pain, just loud noises after I eat. The strips make me feel not so full.

Edited by sleevenv

That must be her tummy talking lol ????????????

I'm about 6 months out and sometimes my tummy makes embarrassing noises loud enough for the room to hear! I just laugh it off.

GasX. Takes it right away.

That must be her tummy talking lol

lol that was crazy i didn't post that i sent the report about it lol but it was funny hahaha

I am 4 days post op. I am virtually pain free, for which I am extremely grateful. It's been an interesting few days. I've had a few hours of reflux type symptoms, but the worst thing so far is that my gut sounds like there's a helluva party going on in there. It's just constantly growling and grumbling. Not painful, just noisy. Anyone else experience this?

Are you on a PPI like omeprazole? You may want to start. Reflux/acid may be mild now, but can get uncomfortable as you add solid food back into you diet. It's best to be preventative.

Ugh, my stomach is SO loud! It's very embarrassing at work. Only happens while I'm eating/for a while afterward. It doesn't hurt or anything, but it's very loud. I'm about three and a half months out.