Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 3 weeks.. pain? Waiting for normal...

So I knew my left side would be more sore than any other place. That's where my largest incision is. My muscles don't feel bad anymore, but my left side is still so fricken sore.

I really want to start lifting weights again, I have been cleared, but damn, it hurts to do too much. If I walk in the mornings, I can't make it through work. I can't walk in the evenings because Texas is hell and it's hot outside.

I am ready to feel somewhat normal again, and not feel like I have to baby myself so much. '

Eating is still not enjoyable. Though I love tasting my food, I dispise trying to figure out if I am eating enough or too much. 1 Tbsp is what I was told to stay around. Kinda hard to enjoy 1 Tbsp of anything.

Kinda wish I could skip ahead to November or something. lol

Oh, and also... even though my blood pressure is back to normal, sometimes I feel like my heart is pounding during the day. When it does this, I take my BP and it's always normal, and normal pulse. Maybe I am just more self aware right now?

Edited by SAD HATTER

I've been more aware of all my senses since surgery. My sense of smell is incredible, and overall I just feel much more aware. I believe it is the lack of crap going into our bodies, especially the huge reduction in sugar.

I'm two weeks and two days since my RNY and I'm told to eat 4 oz. or less per meal. I'm only getting in one, rarely two meals so far, though i'm encouraged to have three small meals a day and two Protein shakes a day. 1 TBS seems very small, but every surgeon is different. As for eating being enjoyable, I think that is a thing of that past for us. Things can still taste good to me, but I just don't get the same satisfaction from eating that I used to. But isn't that part of the great thing about WLS? I believe it will help us to lose and keep off weight in the long run.

As for your pain on the left side, try heating packs. I barely have any pain any more, and only when I overexert myself is it even very noticeable. Some people still have pain even 4 or 6 weeks afterward, but if it is worrying you, perhaps you should call your doctor. Did you have a drain in when you left the hospital? Recently, there was another thread here written by a woman who had left side pain long after her pain should have subsided and she ended up back at the hospital where she found out that she had a buildup of Fluid in her abdomen. It was for this very possibility that my surgeon made me keep the drain in for a week after I came home. I despised it SO much but I'm seeing now that Fluid buildup is a real possibility. Not trying to scare you! Just saying to keep an eye on your pain, and if it worsens, definitely call a doctor or go see one. Otherwise, you are most likely on the road to healing and you will get there eventually.

Don't push yourself past your limits. Your body has been through a substantial trauma and everyone heals at their own pace. If something hurts or exhausts you too much, just give yourself a few more days before you get back to your previous exercise habits. Take care of yourself! Keep us updated. :)

Edited by Cervidae

Get s treadmill and walk inside. Mine has a fan that blows on me while I walk.

I would love an indoor treadmill. However, our house is small and my daughters instruments and musical equipment have taken over the living room already, lol. I can't wait till it cools off.