Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Crystal Light count as water?

It's not the sweetener for me because I can drink all other types of Crystal Light with no problem. I just can't handle the fruit Punch which sucks because I love it.

It's not the sweetener for me because I can drink all other types of Crystal Light with no problem. I just can't handle the fruit Punch which sucks because I love it.

you Might want to look at the ingredients, There might be a different kind of sweetener in that specific kind than the other ones. I can drink Country Time Lemonade but no other kind of drinks . It has artifical sweetener in it but I can still drink it. that flavor might have more sweetener in it than the others as well. MSG is a HUGE trigger for me . The problem is MSG is under about 100 different names in ingredients . It might have MSG in it ? Or as someone else said it might be the Red Dye which is really bad for you . I can look and see if i can find the ingredients list and see if i can find anything in regards to the sweetners ?

HTH

Mindy

Ok just looking kind of quickly . The fruit punch has several different types of sweeteners in it , as opposed to the lemonade who just has one (Aspertame) which is not real great for you if your susptiable to headaches .

But the fruit punch lists about 3 or 4 different types of sweeteners one of them being MSG. So Im betting that is the issue. Just a guess .

Now that Ive thought about it .... Other "red" drinks bother me too . Gatorade, Red Kool aid . I wonder if other red drinks have more sweetners in it ? It might be that and the dye combo ? Interesting ...

HTH

Mindy

Very interesting! Thanks so much for the info.

I'll just stick to my other favorite flavors. :)

LOL Your welcome, Its probably more info that you wanted.

I cant hardly eat anything " pre made" due to my Migraines .

I wish I could i love Lemonade .

Good luck

Mindy

Mmm ... I love the Raspberry Ice!!

I'm trying like hell to kick soda now, so it won't be so hard after being banded.

I love the Walmart brand of flavored drinks. I make the Peach Tea and Lemonade by the gallons. I take the individual packs with me to work and 3-4 bottles of Water to mix. Gives me a morning treat (sunrise orange) a mid-morning break (lemonade) and an afternoon snack (peach tea). I make the grape for after work. Cran-apple is a fun drink, too.

i've been wondering why i've been getting headaches... but i love the fruit punch too much... i will continue with it for now. i havent seen the grape. i'll have to try that next time.

i've been wondering why i've been getting headaches... but i love the fruit punch too much... i will continue with it for now. i havent seen the grape. i'll have to try that next time.

After our conversations I picked a few of these up the other day .

I picked up the ice tea and the Lemonade. I can use the lemonade if i use half of the package but the ice tea and the full package of lemonade gives me a Migraine .

I SO Hate my Migraines I cant eat or drink "Normal" stuff. On the upside I found the Stevia Sweetner so im going to try that.

"red' Stuff for some reason gives people trouble. Next time i'll have to ask my doc if he know's what the reason is ?

Mindy

I mix Walmart brand, orange and fruit punch for a different taste, about 85% orange 15% fruit punch. I even have my wife hooked on it! We save our bottled Water containers and reuse them for drinks on the go!

I actually love drinking cold Water, but since the surgery I find that I like a bottle of water, a bottle of Crystal Light, and then repeating it throughout the day. For some reason, the switching is more thirst-satisfying and feels like I am having a "treat"! The Cherry Pomegranate in the to-go packets is simply DELICIOUS!

I too do not have much interest in plain Water anymore. I think I got bored! I buy the Wyler's brand from Walgreens. It is only a dollar for a box of 8 individuals or 3 of the 2 gallon mixes. They have alot of flavors and I like them as well as Crystal Light.