Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over zealous????

:confused: Okay.... Here's the deal. Years ago in my skinny college days, I had this adorable black and white sun dress. I LOVED it. It made me feel totally feminine. It was my favorite dress, and my favorite pictures are taken in that dress. I haven't felt that way in years. A couple weeks ago I saw an almost identical sun dress in J.C. Penney. My mouth literally watered. I'm not scheduled for banding until September. Would I be punishing myself if I went ahead and bought it in a size I could possibly wear next spring or summer? Kind of like a goal? Or would that be setting myself up?

You are going to get MANY opinions on this. This is my opinion, and many may disagree but here it is: Buy it.

When I went to my first seminar, I pulled out a shirt that I've been wanting to fit into again. It's been years, it's not even in style anymore, but it was my favorite shirt. Every week or so, I look at it and remind myself what it felt like to be that size. It still doesn't fit (won't for another 50lbs or so) but I know it will fit some day. It may take me 3 years but it will fit again.

If you can use it as motivation and not to beat yourself up, I say go for it.

Ok, here is my opinion on the matter. IF you buy the dress in a size you THINK will fit next summer and then you end up losing A LOT more or less than you are thinking you need to fit into the dress, then you might skip right over getting to wear it. I guess I am trying to say, if you buy the dress in a, say 16, then lose weight so fast that by next summer you are a 12...then you skip right over getting to wear it. But, if you think that will be motivation for you to do better so you can get into the dress then I say go for it. Especially if it is not really to expensive and won't hurt too much if you never get to wear it!!

I say go for it - I'm already down at least a size and have started putting notches on my belt. I'm into a whole cache of clothes that I haven't worn for years + I've got dozens of concert shirts and a Paul McCartney Levi jacket that I've never been able to wear because they usually only carry up to XL

Last November, about a month after my surgery, I found a cute little black dress. Now everyone knows all women should have a little black dress. Well, being overweight most of my adult life, I have never had one. The LBD (little black dress) was only $25 and a size 16. At the time I was still a snug 24. Lo and behold here I am 9 months or so out and LBD is too big. Do I regret buying it? Heck no! It gave me great motivation fo get my butt into it. I've even started wearing some clothes that I hadn't worn since college. The only bad thing now is that I very much love to clothes shop, finally, and they keep getting too big. It's a terrible situation to be in....ok not really.

No, I would buy the dress. It would be a good incentive to you. You will probably fit it before you know it! I bought a size 18 jean before I could fit it and now I am in them. Do it!

GO FOR IT!:whoo: THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE FEELING OF BUYING A SIZE YOU HAVEN'T FOR YEARS. I HAVE LOST ONLY 50LBS SINCE BANDING IN 10/30/06. BUT I HAVE WENT FROM A SIZE 32 TO A 24! I KNOW ITS STILL BIG, BUT TO ME I AM SO ESTATIC TO PUT THOSE ON MY BUT AND ZIP WHILE BREATHING!!!!! ANYTHING THAT HELPS YOU STAY MOTIVATED AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF IS THE WAY TO GO :confused: :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

TURNER24

Since I have an entire closet of clothes I cannot get into that I would love to wear and for I cannot wait, I, personally, would not buy something new. However, if it is going to help to give you incentive in your weight loss endeavor, go for it! I think even if it gets too big for you, that is as self-fulfilling as trying to get into it at the start!!!

I agree that you should go ahead and buy it if you want it, however, if in May of next year you aren't fitting in it yet, don't start beating yourself up for being 'too slow' or something.

I also say buy the dress. It's good to have goal clothes. I have a pair of jeans that I bought that are several sizes to small. I bought them because I loved them and they were on sale. I keep them over a chair in my room where I can see them everyday. It is very motivating.

Buy The Dress I See Nothin Wrong With I Do It Myself I've Been Waiting To Fit Into A Pair Of Jeans That Are 6 Six Sizes Smaller Than What I Currently Wear That's One Of My Mini My Goals So Its Ok To Buy Clothes To Fit Into At A Later Date.

Good Luck With Wearing That Dress I Know U Will Do It

Of course you should buy it! I mean really, it's not like you are going to be DEPRESSED if spring comes and you are too small for it! =) And if you love the dress that much, don't take a chance on skipping that size. Wear that baby in your house in the middle of winter if it makes you feel that pretty and feminine! =)

The only problem I see is if you come to wear it, and it is too big. Some clothes cannot be altered without huge effort.

But, it's not a depressing problem. I have stuff in my wardrobe that I planned to wear this summer that is at least 3 sizes too big. I look at them and wonder who in the hell I give my cast off's to this time.

LOL at KarenG.!!! I love your solution. If it fits in the winter, take a trip to sunny Florida, or the Carribbean or Mexico..... GREAT idea. Thanks guys for the advice. Since you all say Go For It!! , I'm headed to the mall tomorrow after work. I just pray it's still there....