Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cravings- monthly

Okay - touchy subject for some. but i need some tricks, tools, or reasons.

my cycle is unpredictable at best - 1 every 2 years, 1 every 6 months, 1 every 2 months, never consistant other than all the triggers and signs of it being on the horizon - but not always showing up.

it's appearance is not my concern - dealing and as the weight is coming off - they are getting a little more consistant - i guess the medical professions cold statment of " there is nothing wrong with you - your only problem is diet and excersise" is a little closer to believable than it once was. - another issue altogether.

my questions is ------- what do i do with these cravings. they sneak up - just becomes a driving need for something - and unfortunatly that something stays unknown i never know what it is i want. but even as i'm recognizing that the tummy is full - there is this nagging to have something else. for a couple of days - it's almost overwhelming. i mean - i have gotten very used to not eating great quantities - this is now an upsetting environment for me. i play to win - i don't like loosing this kind of squirmish.

any ideas, suggestions?

L :help:

errrmmm... no one else is offering, so... I say: have it.

You want salty? Buy a LITTLE bag of chips. Sweet? small chocolate bar (better yet, one of the 100 cal bars). If I'm craving it, I usually end up having it. It's the only way to stop it! AHHHHH! You could say 'Maybe that's why you've stopped losing, MANDI!", but.. I've done this all along, so... couldn't have been all that bad of an idea. I was doing well... for a while. :)

I agree with Mandy, if you really want it have it. I am amazed at how quickly I am satisfied with just a little bit. I have it and then I am good, not looking around for things that in the end never satisfy me anyway!

I also think about what it is I want and why do I want it... that helps in figuring out some of the emotional eating, or eating out of boredom.

It is more about Portion Control, even when it comes to treats. Before I had the band the Dr. said to me I don't want you to diet anymore, I want you to eat and enjoy your food, and use the band to help control your portions.

This is a new way of life!

I love those 100 cal bags. I do try to stay away from that stuff .but sometimes you have to do what you have to do

Hi: I think with most of us when we deny ourselves the cravings become stronger. Have what you desire, but don't keep it in the house. Go and buy what you want, eat what you feel takes away the desire and then have the psychological uplift by having the power to throw out what you don't want. You can get a lot of this stuff at the bulk section in a grocery store. Buy only a little. Enjoy. Your weigh will still come off.Doddie

I go with my cravings, its only a day or two a month and it doesnt seem to make me gain, so I just go with it.

Some months, its bad - I can just eat a packet of choc chip biscuits all day, nothign else. Hardly healthy. But my body is telling me VERY strongly that that's what it wants.

I'm not sure go with it is the answer many people want to hear when they're trying to lose, sorry, but it works for me. I'm sort of not afraid of cravings when I know there's a reason and I know it only lasts a day or so.