Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I am now 4 days post op and still feeling quite tender. I really have 100's of questions just to sound off to see that others have/are going through similar incidents as I am. I find the site of where I can only assume my new stomach is quite tight internally and stitch like sensations that come and go, is this usual? All of my bodily functions are signed off as normal and I'm only taking paracetamol during the day. Trying to leave the stronger stuff for bedtime for a good nights sleep. I try to sip fluids throughout the day with a Soup for dinner and thinned custards and yoghurts. I just don't know if I'm taking in too much or not enough and why these "stitches" are happening. Any help, guidance would be gratefully received. Thank you

I tend to think that your job at this point is to get the food and Water in you. Everything is swollen and tender. I thought that would last forever. It doesn't, I promise. In a few weeks you will be able to get a more set pattern of eating, but as I remember it, I was tender for the first three months. Now that I'm about 10 months out and down 107 pounds, my new stomach reminds me that I had the surgery. the surgery is smartest thing I've ever done. hang in there. And congratulations on having your surgery. We all know how hard you had to work to get to this point. The hard work has to last forever. My suggestion is to log all your food into myfitnesspal or another food logging site. That has totally helped me to stay on track. Best wishes.

Hey, I'm four days post op too! Surgery buddies. :) I too have these sort of "stitch in my side" pains, and I realized yesterday that they are tummy gas. Not the gas pumped into the abdomen during surgery, but air trapped in your stomach and intestines. My boyfriend went out and bought me Gas-X Thin Strips, they melt on your tongue pretty quickly and work within 3 minutes. I felt almost immediate relief after dissolving one or two on my tongue. I would highly recommend them!

I haven't really felt that fullness that is so common of new pouches, partly because I sip very, very tiny sips, wait about 30 seconds, then take another teeny sip. Spacing out the small sips but keeping them consistent has pretty much eliminated all discomfort I had the first couple days of getting used to drinking with my new pouch. I'm about to try a sugar free pudding cup for the first time, so I have no idea how that's going to feel, but my Protein shakes and Water have been working just fine with this method. Feel free to friends me and message me any time if you want to talk! Congrats on your surgery and good luck on your recovery. I'll be right here with you. ;D

Thank you both for your comments of support and ideas. I'm guessing these strips that you refer to are in the States, we don't have anything like that here in UK. THanks again

ah, yes, I'm in New York. :( Though it is still possible you could call your doctor and see about some kind of gas relief. Best of luck to you, feel better!

You have gas/air I have my surgery Monday, but they have explained this exact thing to us in the classes I attended, and was told to keep gas x on hand that it will help with this issue!