Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What weight for regular size clothing??

Guest Leslie2Lose

Yeah it's really weird to see how we all have huge size differences and barely fluctuate in weight... strange but interesting

Yea I'm down 45 pounds since sugery - but when I was at my heaviest 275 (16 pounds heavier than surgery weight) I still wore a 22/24. They were tight though - I refused to go to a 26/28. I needed to, but refused. I'm sure I was quit attractive in my painted on pants...I started wearing a lot of stretchy clothes too.

It is strange - but I'll take it! :cry_smile:

I am at about 195 and wear a 16W. 16 regulars will not work because of my "apron". I am 5'5". I lost all my weight as of February, then I think I got a fill that is too tight and now I eat a lot of sweets (they go down way easier). I am going in to get some Fluid taken out.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I am at about 195 and wear a 16W. 16 regulars will not work because of my "apron". I am 5'5". I lost all my weight as of February, then I think I got a fill that is too tight and now I eat a lot of sweets (they go down way easier). I am going in to get some Fluid taken out.

Me too! I'm too full right now - and stubbornly thinking it'll get better. Mine isn't sweets - it's chips and crackers...way too much snacking. I'm getting an unfill tomorrow. Good luck to you! Hopefully we'll start losing again soon and be able to eat with some restriction. I'm tired of PBing - which is why I've been eating crap.

I am now at 150 and can wear an all too form fitting size 8 or a comfortably loose size 10 in pants with a medium shirt. I feel that I am as normal a size as normal can be . . . right in the middle.

I can shop anywhere . . . but I still walk around in the plus sized section first from time to time. My brain has just not fully adjusted yet. Also when I hold up a medium shirt and look at how wide it is, I really truly think there is no way on earth it is going to fit me, but they do 90% of the time and they fit well without being too form fitting.

I just can't understand the variations here. When I was 220, I was a 2X top, and 18/20 pant/skirt. So I really can't fathom those who are close to my weight wearing 14s or 16s...I'm thinking 14's are for when I reach the 150's...

I just can't understand the variations here. When I was 220, I was a 2X top, and 18/20 pant/skirt. So I really can't fathom those who are close to my weight wearing 14s or 16s...I'm thinking 14's are for when I reach the 150's...

The variations have everything to do with height and body type.

Some people are pears where they are bottom heavy but have more of a waist. Apple people tend to carry more weight in their abdomen to be a little more rounded at the top with skinnier legs and arms in proportion. Fat distribution is not equal in all people, if you carry a lot of belly fat, that is going to make a definite impact in the size of your pants or shirts. People that are more evenly distributed can generally wear smaller clothing then people who have concentrated areas.

Height is very important. If you look at the difference of 220 pounds on someone who is 5'0 (who will look fairly obese) as compared to someone of 220 pounds who is 6'0 (who will be appear much closer to a normal bmi), you will see why the clothes fit differently.

When I weighed 220, I was wearing the same size clothes as you . . . so perhaps we have a similar body type and our distribution is similar. At 150, I am in a size 8/10 and medium . . . perhaps you will be as well.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I agree with Heather. Although I've always been "heavy" - as a child I was very athletic, but had a low BMI...I don't want to get in the debate of muscle weighing more than fat, but I believe it also depends on your muscle density. If you have more muscle mass (in my case) I weigh more, but wear a smaller size. I'm an hourglass shape and am 5'6, so my weight is distributed pretty evenly.

My daughter weighs 140 and wears an 8 and I am 217 and wear a 14 it's all about shape.

rently.

When I weighed 220, I was wearing the same size clothes as you . . . so perhaps we have a similar body type and our distribution is similar. At 150, I am in a size 8/10 and medium . . . perhaps you will be as well.

so, how tall are you?

I am 5'9" and in the mid 150's now----I can easily wear a size 8 pants, in almost any style or waist height.....but there is no way I can pick up a size 8 top or dress and even get it over my shoulders!!!

I still have to buy large tops to fit the bust, a 14/16 minimally.

I do have to say that as I have been shopping this year, replacing my clothing....the styles are AGAINST me!!!!

For years with my height and weight I needed longer tops----could I find them? Oh hell no!!!

Now fast forward to today, when there is no belly to hide, and every top you find comes way down over the hips.....

Where is the justice???

LOL

Kat

At 173 and 5'3" I am comfortably wearing size 12's. My body type is interesting because I am pear shaped, and my fat distribution is even throughout my body, if that makes any sense. When I loose, I loose EVERYWHERE so it takes awhile to notice. My arms, my legs, my feet, my ankles all carry fat. My husband says that he's never seen someone carry fat so 'evenly' before. In fact, I've gone from 235 to 173 so far, AND for a size 9.5 shoe to a 7.5 shoe. And I think my toes STILL look fat. LOL.

I started at 359+ wearing a womens plus 34 pants, im so thrilled to say i just purchased a size 14 jeans from victorias secret (pinching myself)!! I am 5 ft 5 and weigh 185.