Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am admitting for the first time - weight does effect overall health

I am really beginning to notice how much of a difference being 272lbs compared to weighing 222lbs is. Most of my life I hovered around 220-230 but after multiple failed diet attempts and switching from a job that requires constant movement to a desk job, I gained weight. I always told everyone being heavy did not effect the ability to do things, and that even at my weight I was still able to run, walk for hours, and live my life without issues. Now at 272lbs, I am embarrassed to admit that it does effect me in so many ways. I dread walking up stairs, I can't walk a mile without my back and feet killing me, and I get out of breath doing the most simple tasks. I long for the days I can go somewhere without worrying that I physically won't be able to do it. This is a terrible feeling. So grateful that I will be having this surgery and giving me a second chance at getting my life back.

always told everyone being heavy did not effect the ability to do things

@@provenzee

"to thine own self be true" -_-

people/you/me often stick their head in the sand avoiding their weight problems :(

it can be hard to admit/recognize/admit their is a problem :(

good for you on your realization about yourself :)

stepping up ;)

proceeding to have surgery

you sound like a pretty smart "cookie" to me ;)

you want to be healthier, happier

knee, back, other physical issues will improve as you lose weight :rolleyes:

many eating, drinking et al rules to follow from day of surgery

your new eating/drinking habits do not stop at goal

you need to continue your new lifestyle with food for the rest of your life

that's fine

with good health/weight - you can look forward to a longer life :rolleyes:

great to start now practicing proper eating, drinking etc

get a head start pre-op and lose some weight

you work with the sleeve, and it will work with you :)

good luck

kathy

@provenzee

I used to eat more to hide the truth ... sad cycle really ...

BUT ...

I FINALLY broke that cycle ... July 8th 2015 I had my sleeve surgery ...

It hasn't been "easy" ... but it's worth every second ...

There are so many things I want to do ... places I want to go ... but I would just hide away and eat more to make myself feel better because I couldn't do those things ...

WRONG ANSWER!

So I finally admitted OUTLOUD what my problems were ... and I was so surprised that I wasn't judged or put down or told "oh well, you made your bed, you lie in it" ...

I had support and encouragement ... and for the first time in forever ... I realized that I wasn't alone and I could do it ... because I had so many around me cheering me on!

AND YOU WILL TOO!

Congratulations on the biggest first step to meeting the new you :)

Isn't this exciting?!