Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's officially one month today since my surgery and I have lost 43lbs which is amazing.

Why am I not happy I feel so down I have no energy not to mention I can barely sleep. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and insomnia which I found hard to believe. I never used a sleep pap machine before and since my surgery was coming up on 7/20 I didn't care for it. Now I struggle to sleep and if I take an ambien I'm up in 5-6 hours which makes no sense.

I went back to work on 7/28 which was a week after the surgery but I still haven't adjusted I'm sooooo tired and weak I can't shake it off. I cried yesterday for the first time I was so emotional. I have been trying my best to stay active and focused at work but it's so hard some days like today are worse than others. I feel so drained n weak :(

@jayali - are you hydrating? it can also make you feel tired.

BP meds???? check those as well, I had to cut mine in half because after about 25 pounds my BP was dropping too low.

What are you eating? getting enough Protein? calories? those can also play a role in felling week.

the emotional part (crying) happens (sometimes) while your body adjusts to the weightloss. 43lbs is a lot in one month!

get outside, walk a bit. it may help with the sleep as well. have you tried melatonin?

@@jane13 I think there a lot n ur right I am drinking about one bottle of Water I keep pushing for two I am trying maybe I need a new Protein Drink as I know I need to learn how to take care of my new tummy/ body . I'm not on any BP medicine so that's not it but thanks u gave me something to focus on.

I was on ambien also taking up to double my dose and it still was not working. If you truly have insomnia issues talk to your doctor about switching to Restoril. I fall asleep within 10 minutes of taking. It has made a huge difference for me. The lack of sleep can have a big impact on your emotional and physical health.

Gang in there it will get better. My fist month after surgery I was so tired every day I could hardly walk a few steps without having to stop and rest. It was so hard. I'm now 3 months out and have no problems at all. It will get better in time

Are you getting your Protein? I imagine you are on soft-solids by now, or at least just starting them. How has your general satiety been? Pre-op, that was the single biggest killer of my ability to get rest. It was more harmful than drinking a Venti Starbucks right before bed. I kid you not. But if I could get some pure Protein, even though it's not the greatest idea to eat at night, all would be well and I'd be sound asleep.

Do you have any anxiety? I have taken Trazodone for about a year to help my relax, but the main benefit has been the ability to get to sleep under virtually any circumstances.

nobody likes a cpap, and I mean nobody. if you need it, use it. As you lose weight you likely wont need it anymore but in the meantime, it helps you get actual sleep.

I personally felt like crap the first weeks and even months post sleeve.
It is really hard to stay hydrated and getting back on solid food was a chore...etc etc. I didn't feel truly human again until about 10-12 weeks post op. To some extent, there is a little bit of just "powering through it". Hang in there, it gets easier and you start feeling GREAT as your fitness improves, the weight comes off etc.

@ mallen1895 n Cowgirljane thanks for the motivation I guess I need to be patient.

@@SleevyWonder it's funny u mentioned it I was to told my doctor for zanax to see if it helped taking before bed time .