Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBC Horizon NJ

Anyone have the insurance BCBS Horizon? The phone inquiry I had was ridiculous. I called to see if the surgery would be covered and the girl on the end gave me such a run around! She said "bariatric (with emphasis on bariatric) surgery is not covered under your plan. I replied" really? I can't believe you would rather pay for years of diabetic complication, possible stroke or heart attack". Once again she repeated the statement. I said what about appealing and she said it again. No other words. I then was a bit perturbed by her attitude in her voice and had a few suggestions. To make a very long conversation short, I kept asking about the appeal process and in the end she said"bariatric surgery is not covered under you plan but if it is medically necessary it will fall under regular surgery". I said to her that would have been nice for you to tell me 15 minutes ago. I was so frustrated. Waiting to hear. Anyone else have this problem with insurance!

I have this plan...I am trying to get a revision from lap band to sleeve.All the doctors in our plan are located in South Jersey so I have to drive Aan hour and a half.You need to just approach it differently.Talk to your PCP...get a referral to a bariatric doctor...excuse me....surgeon in the plan....get ready to travel to Camden,Vineland,Cherry Hill or Voorhees NJ because those are the only areas approved.Dr.Patel,Dr.Attia,Dr.Salcone and a few others take our plan but you need to get a referral for a consult...Also plan a method of attack...keep records of your weight loss programs...hoops...

So wait approved for surgery or approved to see a doctor?you called and got an approval or your PCP wrote you a referral to see a bariatric doctor.?

The surgery center called my insurance and said it was covered except for the $100 deductible. I was shocked after the conversation I had with the insurance girl a few days prior. Then they asked if I wanted to schedule my appointment with the doctor.

Yay!Who is your dr?I have Dr Goldstein.

Dr.Adam Goldstein.I am in N J.Where did you have surgery?

Dr. Ku?What is the first name?

Not in my plan horizon NJ Health

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches