Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wanted to go back as soon as I could, so I had to get permission from my surgeon, my surgery was on June 10th and I was back in the gym on the following Monday limited to treadmill and very light circuit training for 45 minutes as per my surgeon, after my 2 week visit he gave me the green light to workout as long as my incisions were healing and only to point I could tolerate, I don't like cardio so I get that in at work then I do weight training, and I've done so for years so I break down specific muscle groups, example: Monday, shoulders chest back abs legs, Wednesday, bicep tricep legs abs, etc...... This depends on what you want, and hope to accomplish, I've dropped from 388lbs in January to 303.5 lbs and will hit my first goal of 299lbs before this month is over, my initial target weight was 146-150lbs, but after I told the surgeon I wouldn't be happy to be skinny like that we came to a compromise of 187-199lbs, I want muscle and bulk not lean and skinny, good luck, BTW the weight training is helping with my loose skin, it's not going to remove all of my skin but it is making a big difference

Edited by laguerr13

Every surgeon probably has different recommendations but I was told after two weeks is fine to begin working out, but obviously know your limitations and take it easy at first.

38 days out. Ive been doing cardio and yoga since the 2nd week. No lifting until cleared next week.

My dr told me make sure you are getting extra calaries.Say youre workout shows you are burning 200-300 calaries at first get in the extra calaries you dont want to put youre body in a starvation mode which slows down youre weightloss.Once I was able to eat some solid food I started working out not really consistant at first.I am a heart patient and need to strengthin my heart.I started at 30 minutes on the stationry bike which I strugled.Now 4 weeks later I am able to do 45-60 on the bike and I did 45 minutes on the elipticle trainer.It has helped with my platea of 2 weeks.I have now lost 25 lbsI plan on doing 60 minute workouts and adding weight training.One more tip if you add weight training make sure you have the added calaries in proein maybe shakes or you just break down the muscles.You need the extra Protein for muscle growth which will speedup youre metablism

I started walking at two weeks and bike riding at 3 weeks. My doctor has not yet cleared me for running. Since I'm only working on 4 weeks out I cannot tell you if it helped with weight loss.

I was cleared to exercise after 6 weeks. Basically do a lot of walking and lite weights at home. Waiting my kids to return to school to join the gym. Thankfully the walking has helped. Next week makes 12 weeks post op and I'm down 81lbs.

My surgeon encouraged me to walk as much as possible as soon as I had my surgery, so after I got home, I was in the gym walking on the treadmill.. not fast.. 2.1 but for 30 mins at a time.. 3 days later I was getting faster... a week later I was back to jogging and spin, and 3 weeks later back to lightly lifting, running, and on my bike.. After 4 weeks, back to heavy lifting, and all other activitiy.