Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Thread for Feb 07 Bandsters

Hey everyone: I'm on vacation now, so it will be hard to check in.

Just viewing other enteries I think I'm overeating. Well, Here goes.........

Today's meals

Breakfast: Protein shake made with milk

Lunch: Hamburger from diner (burger no bun) about 4 fries

Dinner: 6 baby back spare ribs & 1/4 plate of lettuce

This was the first time I've tried ribs (and I must say I was in sheer HEAVEN!!!!)

Hope to check in tomorrow.

I love ribs. You are not over eating. As long as you are not stuffing yourself until you want to barf you are fine. IN a typical day I eat:

530am-protein bar

8am- yogurt

11am- lunch...maybe some chicken or turkey or almost a whole can of tuna fish

2p small snack like grapes or a string cheese

530p dinner.. a small bit of whatever i have made the family

8p Protein shake "dessert"

I feel fine and I am losing fine still.

I agree - your entry seems fine. I don't eat red meat, but aren't spare ribs on the bone? Really, how much meat is there anyhow? :guess I can't do the fries (pesky potatoes), but the (turkey)burger-no bun is a regular meal item for me. And salad doesn't count -- it's totally ground up & mashed down if you really chew it!!! :biggrin1: You're doing well! No one looses weight on vacation, so make smart choices where you can with your gaol being not to GAIN.

My vacation/holiday tip:ip:: only take 2 bites of dessert, and only if you're hungry!! None leaves you feeling deprived and ONE bite is never enough, but after two bites, you're just eating to eat it! (Of course it's only good advice if you take it - and sometimes I don't! :))

Just remember - Protein first, then green veggies, then carbs (if you're allowed carbs at this point, which I am not). And have a great time! :)

My vacation/holiday tip:ip:: only take 2 bites of dessert, and only if you're hungry!! None leaves you feeling deprived and ONE bite is never enough, but after two bites, you're just eating to eat it! (Of course it's only good advice if you take it - and sometimes I don't! :))

Oh I can't just take two bites. I really am better off with none lol.

Okay I feel much better. After no loss last week I weighed in at 220...loss of 4 pounds!!!!!

Whaoo! :whoo: I missed this post, I guess! 4 POUNDS! :clap2: What a payoff for all your hard work! Great job!!!

My fill is the tightest yet (well, obviously, but you kwim), and I'm hoping to really shed some weight this week!! I've got to cut out the junk, however! It's PMS-time, I believe, but that is no excuse for snacking on crap food! Refocusing now...

Oh I can't just take two bites. I really am better off with none lol.

Ha!! Well, it helps ME feel human rather than freakish! Plus, I love sweets... And I usually CAN stop at 2 bites if I get rid of my plate right away. Leave a plate in front of me --no matter what's on it (besides veggies)-- and I'll pick at it until it's empty. Clean Your Plate mentality, an ingrained lesson I'm trying NOT to teach my own kids -- even though it seems like a good rule when picky, picky, picky 4yo DS isn't eating what he's served! It's "You don't have to eat, but I'm not making you another meal!" here. Go to bed hungry, m'boy, rather than grow up with THIS particular monkey on your back. What an evil mother I am...

I have to clean my plate too.

As for the sweets I will get a 100 calorie snack pack and take it in the car with me. That way I cannot go and eat the rest of the box. Usually the urge passes. I will have these 30 minute stretched where I jsut ahve to have something and I would kill someone over it. If I can busy myself and get through it i am perfectly fine later.

Commercials are evil. I'm PMS'ing, and HAD to have some Oreo Cookies. Bought the bag of Mini Oreo's, and every time I see the bag, I'm singing the song from the commercials to myself.

I just tried a new Protein Bar. It was on of those "Oh Yeah" wafers. It was pretty darn good in a weird sort of way. Tasted exactly like a one of those Little Debbie Peanut Butter wafer bars but without the sugar. It was not sweet, it had hardly any sweetness to it but it was good. I can't even explain it well lol.

Hi girls - I think my band is too tight right now. I can only eat a few bites at a time w/out pain. But..... I can eat DQ Blizzards - a Hawiian w/out coconut ! The weird thing is , when I do I will lose a lb. or 2 the next day. I wonder if I am so low on calories that the blizzard helps w/ my metabolism ? i just can't keep in the habit of eating them , or I'm afraid I'll start gaining. Not sure what to do .

Oh yeah - I've had a few bites of blackberry cobbler. My 12 y/o DD has been picking berries every day and made her 1st cobbler. Of course I had to taste the damn thing to tell her she did a good job !lol !

She's leaving for camp tomorrow for a week so I'm tempted to throw it out and just tell her we ate it all .

Andrea - when was your last fill? I'm tight-tight for the 1st 4 full days & then things relax a bit (I presume this is because of the weight loss I experience due to the liquid & mushies diet). Me? If it were longer than 4 days after a fill & I was having problems keeping food down (that were not due to my own stupidity), I'd be on the phone with my doc. I DO NOT want complications!! A) because complications would suck; but more importantly :)B) my surgery was self-pay & I don't have any more money for a corrective one! :heh: (Well, it's true! :straight)

I've been pretty well controlled today -- "shake, shake, shake! Shake for Mommy!" as my 4-year-old sings while I make my Protein drinks! I did just (10PM) have some shredded-chicken BBQ. That's my 1st solid food & I wasn't supposed to start solids until 4 days/96 hours after the fill. It's only been 55 hours. Hopefully I don't regret that jump over mushies right to solids. Tomorrow will be an all-mushies day, I promise!

Suzanne

I had my 3rd fill about 3 weeks ago. Some days are better than others. I'm just sooo tight in the a.m., but by supper I do a lot better. Last night I was able to eat 1/2 c. of chicken fried rice w/ no problem. Today I had a soft cooked egg for Breakfast and felt ok. Maybe it just takes a while for me to loosen up. Every day is different tho'.

My dr. only has us do 24 hours liquid after a fill then back to regular solids after that. I was surprised that you had 4 days Suzanne.You and your daughter sound like us. My girls and I used to always sing around the kitchen about whatever we were cooking - even weiners and spaghetti-o's. lol B) That brought back some fun memories - thanks !

At 12 , 14 & 17 we still cook together but sing w/ the i-pods.

My nutritionist said I need to eat every 2 hours to make sure I get enough calories in , so I'm gonna try that today. I've been having a problem w/ losing a lot of hair for the past month or so, and she thinks it's lack of calories.:rolleyes

I'm happy w/ my weight loss so far , but don't want to be freakin' bald either ! ARGHHHH !

Have a GREAT Sunday everyone ! Talk to you soon !:)

Hey all I just posted this recipe in the recipe forum but I don't know how many of you look in there so I wanted to share it with you. This would be considered a mushy food.

OKay I have been wanting to try this for awhile using band friendly ingredients and I finally did and it tasted great. It is super easy to make.

1 pkg sugar free Jello (I use strawberry)

1 16 ounce container low fat cottage cheese

1 8 ounce container sugar free cool whip

Mix Jello and cottage cheese with a spoon until well blended. Mix in cool whip.

I separate into 8 serving of about 1/3-1/2 cup each.

Each serving is:

107 calories

8g Protein

10g carbs

3g fat

You could probably add some unflavored powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury to kick up the Protein even more. Also this does not taste at all like cottage cheese. If you don't like cottage cheese you can still try it and like it!

That sounds good, except, I HATE Jello.....is it just Jello Flavored, or are there chunks of Jello in it when it's mixed up?

So, I was on vacation the last part of last week, and we're not going to talk about what I put in my mouth....Let's just say, it wasn't very intelligent....

So far today, though, I've had 32 oz of Water, and a 2.8 oz tuna cup (dry tuna), AND, I've got in 15 minutes of exercise already. 45 minutes to go!