Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bypass to Sleeve?

Hi All,

I had an RNY 3 years ago. I lost all of my weight (120 Lbs) then due to complications, was forced to have my RNY reversed a year ago with the intent to sleeve me as soon as it was safe to do so. Since the reversal at the end og August last year, I have gained back 50 Lbs. I have been fighting it with every ounce and have a personal trainer and an incredibly active workout schedule, and all it has done is slow the gain. I got t he call on Friday that I am booked for the sleeve on Aug 26. I know I am a bit unique as I am going from RNY to nothing to VSG. I guess what I am looking for is some support. I am ass backwards from most revisions and I am genuinely terrified that I will not lose the weight. I felt my best about 45 lbs ago and I want to know if there is honest hope that I will make it there again. I miss my RNY and have even considered going against advice and being re-RNY'd the complication that caused them to reverse the procedure has not reversed itself either (they knew that there was at best a 50% chance it would) I feel very much like it was for nothing and I have started to fight some serious depression. I am afraid to go out and be seen by friends because so many of them looked so harsely towards my decision to have the RNY and many people said that the weight lose was the surgery and not me and I am so afraid that they will think "haha, she failed" Yes I kow these aren't true friends but they are members of our social circle and I know it strikes a cord because I feel that way now inside myself. Trust me, I know how much BS that is. I k now how hard i worked with the RNY and the long term changes I have made because of the power it gave me but that evil malicious part inside me taunts me just the same.

Sorry, I got lost in my vent there.... anyways, is there ANYONE out there who has revised from RNY to Sleeve? Or is there anyone out there that can help strengthen the belief that 45 lbs is NOT a reach. I hate myself right now and wish I had never lost the weight to begin with because I never would have known what I was missing.

Also, I would dearly love some bariatric friends in my fitbit world to help keep me company and on track. my fitbit email is koeheather@gmail.com....

Looking for support

Heather

Oh my, I wish I could give you a pearl of wisdom or two, but I have no idea what you're going through. I just want to offer my support and encouragement. If you've gotten through those two procedures, the sleeve will be easy! Just approach it like all us newbies out here. Eat small potions (because you have to), concentrate on Protein, and follow your surgeons rules! You can "cheat" with the sleeve (I have), and it's a behavior you've probably acted in with your prior surgery, so just do NOT do it! Commit to the process, follow your rules, and you will love your sleeve.

It's not reversible!

I didn't cheat with the RNY as the results were severe dumping... I need to believe that there will be restriction as that is the huge part of the tool that worked for me

There is definitely restriction and while I don't regularly suffer from dumping syndrome, my stomach lets me know if I eat too many sweets or too much fat.

I didn't cheat with the RNY as the results were severe dumping... I need to believe that there will be restriction as that is the huge part of the tool that worked for me

Well then you'll be in great condition for the sleeve! There's no doubt it gives you great restriction, so if you eat small portions and concentrate on Protein, you will get those 45 off straight away!

Wendyfm- I needed to hear that! I love the dumping syndrome as a tool.

Sleevenv - thanks! How far post op are you?

Still a newbie. Six weeks.