Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandster Hell: Anyone in Heaven?

Hi, just read you're post and was thinking the same thing as you. I just filled out my questionaire, so I'm right at the beginning stage of all this. I think maybe I'm gravitating towards reading the "problem" messages just so I know the whole truth about this procedure, but am scaring myself away. Sometimes I think that any of these problems is better than being fat though, there is the option of reversal, its not permanent.

Well, as I posted before. I was a true worry wart. Well I am 3 weeks postop and doing very well. Surgery went great, healing looks good, food choices and weight loss are in the works and feeling good.

I know it seems like so much negitive info is out. good to know that info but don't live by it.

:clap2:

Heaven or hell?

I would like to see a forum about positive experiences only. It's not right that pre-ops and new post-ops see so much complaining. I've had my problems, but who's fault was that. This isn't an easy way out. I am almost 5 years post-op, and think about everything I buy, cut up, chew and swallow. This is a wonderful tool, if you use it correctly. My band has reshaped me. I feel great, look even greater, go figure I'm a 135 lbs. after being 228 for 20 over years. This has given me a second chance to live healthy.

Slow weight loss! No healthy weight loss, the right Protein, exercise and mental status will only give you success.

Remember that a lot of banders that are doing well are not on here any more. They don't need the same support anymore.

My advise to you is read only good forums, yeh, you should know all risks and complications. Most complications have very low percentages

Love my band

Leslie

OI812,

You make some really good points. Most of what we read are people needing answers to issues we're having. I am 6 wks. post-op now and I wouldn't trade this decision for anything. I've had no real problems at all....only some stuff I didn't understand and now through this board, I'm much better educated about what to expect. I've lost 34 lbs. so far and my first fill will be in 11 days. I look so forward to the future. I'm so happy for your success! You have done great! I know everyone has to make this decision for themselves, but for me---I have no doubts it was the right one. I already have so much more control over food....something I haven't had in many years. I'm just very grateful to have found something that makes this whole challenge easier. I want to shout it from the rooftops, but again, it's a personal decision everyone has to make on their own. Good luck to all of you considering it!

I, too, was starting to think I'd chosen the wrong surgery when I read some of the negative issues posted on LBT. Now I feel better after reading some good stories on this thread.

I've been getting ready for the band since June 29th 2007, when I attended the seminar at my surgeon's office in Concord NC, my home town luckily enough. Now I'm through all the testing except for possibly one more. The upper GI showed something that could cause an obstruction at the entrance to my stomach, and they want to look at it with a throat scope. After that issue is resolved, we can schedule the surgery date, I'm hoping sometime before end of August. Insurance is covering 90% on everything, woo hoo!

I am also ready for the exercise, diet program, and the gassy stuff after surgery. I had lapro when I had my gall bladder out in 95, so I know what to expect from that. I plan to have the success I've been looking for most of my adult life weight wise.

Good luck to everyone who is in it with me, and here's hoping we all come out big winners.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!SPAG1952

I LOVE MY BAND I HAVE HAD IT SINCE MARCH 21, 2007 ALITTLE OVER 4 MONTHS AND IVE LOST 85#S. IT WAS THE BEST CHOICE IVE EVERY MADE FOR MYSELF. AND I DID IT FOR MYSELF. OF COURSE NOT EVERYDAY IS GONNA GO THE WAY YOU THINK IT SHOULD BUT THIS IS LIFE AND THE BAND IS A TOOL THAT YOU HAVE TO USE AND MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE. I EXERCISE 5 DAYS A WEEK AND I EAT MY Protein. I CAN TELL WHEN I DONT EAT ENOUGH PROTEIN OR I DONT EXERCISE. BUT LIKE I SAID THE BAND WAS A GR8 CHOICE FOR ME AND I LOVE BEING BANDED HOPE THIS WILL HELP SOME OF YOU NEW PEOPLE. AND GOOD LUCK

KIMSLILSTANG