Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my last appointment of my 6 month supervised diet last Tuesday on Wednesday they submitted all the paperwork to insurance. I was told it would take about 2 weeks for a response from them. Well its now Monday..less than a week later and I received an email from my surgeons office saying that the surgery authorization got approved and I'm all set for surgery which will be on August 24th! I'm so nervous, anxious, happy, scared..everything combined! Now I have to tell my dad which is going to be a real challenge because he is against this! He's been against it since the beginning and I'm terrified to tell him I'm having my surgery in 3 weeks!!! I think I'm more scared of telling him than I am of the actual surgery lol..thanks for listening!!! ☺

Oh congrats, I'm so happy for you! You'll do okay with breaking the news to your dad. Eventually, if not now, he'll come to understand that this is your life, and you're just doing your best to get healthy.

You're going to have a beautiful life!

Thank you!!!

Congratulations :D I bet you feel over the moon and not too long to wait! I hope everything goes well when you tell your Dad. Do you have anyone else in the family or who is friends with your Dad, who can support you through telling him?

Always remember though, this is YOUR life. Hugs and best wishes

Yes! I'm soo excited! My mom supports me but ultimately it has to be me telling him. I understand that he's worried about me but he goes about things not the best way. When I first told him I was thinking about doing this he said he wouldn't be there for me and wouldn't support me. It hurt and made me cry. Idk if he thinks that I gave up on it or what but I'm going to try to tell him tonight if he's in a good mood. ????

Congrats! You are now well on your way to the losers' bench! Good luck with your pre-op diet and surgery!

Let us know how the talk goes, and know that we are all virtually supporting you here! Draw on that strength, if needed. ????????????

Yay! Congratulations! It's exciting!

I think you've done the right thing, made your decision, stuck to it, arranged your date -- and then tell family. It's your life and your health. I did the same, I made my decision and no-one was gonna stop me backing out of it. I told my family after the fact.

Congrats on the approval and this next step! Maybe he was just expressing his first gut reaction to his daughter having surgery? Once he knows the details and you start pre-op, he may change his mind and start being supportive. If not, we are all here for you! Best of luck to you

Thank you all soo much for the support! I don't think he will ever get on board with it. Maybe when I have lost my excess weight and kept it off for many years then he will look back and think it was a good decision

Hhahahaha congrats! I had the same issue with my Dad I texted earlier all he said was ok Pray so I guess he didn't totally freak out hopefully yours will go smoothly also :)

Oh boy lol..I still live with my dad so I have to see him all the time lol

He handled it really well!!! ????

He handled it really well!!!

So happy to hear that! Now you can move forward and focus on taking care of yourself for the next couple of months. Hang in there with the pre and post-op diets and you'll do great!