Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share with us: What has improved for you?

I do not fear the bleachers at my kids games, I would be out of breath by the time I got to the top before or if we have to sit on the ground I can get up without the rollover.

**sigh** still cant do that ...

Because I am a 42B (kindof a contradiction in terms....) I can't find bras in a regular store. They go up to 40 and then everything over that is like a C, D or DD.

yeah ... i try to squeeze in a 40 but i am SOO uncomfortable ... that whole breathing thing ... :)

I can run!!!!!!!!

woooo hoooo !!:whoo:

Because I am a 42B (kindof a contradiction in terms....) I can't find bras in a regular store. They go up to 40 and then everything over that is like a C, D or DD. What...fat people can't have smaller boobs? Once I get down to a 40 (the fat under my arms is not melting away particularly fast right now) I'll be able to get into a regular intimates department, but right now it is fruitless.

I was a 42B as well (I don't even quite fill out the B cup :rolleyes)...and even at that, I had to use the bra extenders with it, and still felt like it was cutting me in half. I'm still wearing the same size bras, but now without the extenders, and some days it's comfortable enough to hook it on the middle hooks, instead of the end....40 is coming soon, I think!

I know this isn't what this tread is asking but I like it so much because it always gives me encouragment. So I am going to post anyway so I can go back when I am finally banded and remind myself of my goals...hopefully before my 50th bday. Here are the goals I hope to achieve after getting banded:

1. Going back to Yoga classes 3-4 times a week feeling confident and not the only very overweight person in the class. Not having my big stomach in the way while I am trying to do positions.

2. Not having my extra weight STOP me from doing anything. Like joining the Nassau County Hikers Club.

3. Going back to the gym with my head held high and taking the step classes again and not having people look at me with pity.

4. (Should be #1) Having my 10 year old daughter not see me tired all the time and eating so much between meals and going to sleep at 9:00 pm. For her to follow in my footsteps and eat healthy and be active.

5. Not hiding my body (stomach mostly) constantly with clothes that overlay other clothes that make me hot and unconfortable. Not having my pants cut me at the stomch and feel tighter every season. Also not having my size 44 chest size feel like their strangling me at night!

6. Maybe go jogging with my husband everyday. (stretch) and running (trotting) in the yearly local race with him.

7. Feeling attractive again or at least confident about the way I look enough to change jobs and get a job that will benefit others and make me happy and look forward to getting up in the morning.

8. Getting healthy again.

9. Getting "over it" ...to finally stop constantly thinking about diets and my weight and :faint:just live without my weight being an issue!!!

back pain - almost gone

Injured in Desert Storm and it was a never ending cycle...started gaining weight because I was immoble..back pain got worse but can't exercise... exercised then my back killed me.

Now, I'm not carrying around so much weight and my back only burns a little from time to time.

The band was the best thing that's happened to me (besides family and all)

I know it sounds like a mad one, but I cant wait to be able to do my bikini line - without having to look in a mirror!!

:eyebrows::eyebrows: ROFL!!! Ok you win!! LOL

i havent probably got as meany possitive comments due to not haveing the band as long as others and not haveing as much weight lost yet....

but i used to battle at night to be able to sleep[backpain/shoulders]and i also couldnt seem to talk on the phone without being out of breath,people would think that i had been outside running[silly people,smile]anyway im sleeping well and am not puffed to the same extent anymore,and yes,i do belive the sex life does get better[smile]

Nina - I cant wait to have a reason to do my bikini line!!!:(

Completely Agree...

But to add to the list i now weigh less then i did freshman year of high school

i started freshman yer at 235 i now weigh 227... only 8lbs less but ill take it and run!!!!:confused:

More...

I like that if I have to run out quickly...I can just throw on anything, not search for something that fits and hides the bulges!!

Yesterday after my sons soccer game, I ran across the field to get a picture of the team. Me running, not concerned about my size or if I would make it or who was looking etc. The team loved the pictures and I know that 6 months ago I would not have done that.

I feel better so much better, I never have headaches or soreness anywhere. I used to live on Ibuprofen and I thought I was really going to miss taking it but.......I have not needed it!

What has improved for me is every minute of every day!