Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share with us: What has improved for you?

Ok, heres my list.

Having only one chin

Being able to walk more than 10 ft

Getting rid of wheelchair, cane, & walker.

Being able to get in truck without a forklift

Being able to shave my legs in the shower

Weighing what’s on my drivers license

Working up a sweat, never did anything that caused it before.

Being able to get my purse off the floor of the car without unhooking my seatbelt.

Not being afraid to go out in public

Having the confidence to speak up when I disagree

Not being able to finish a meal and not asking for more

Sitting in a lawn chair without fear of collapse

Buying a xl shirt at a benefit concert without worrying will it fit

Sleeping in the same bunk as my hubby

Not having the steering wheel sitting on my stomach

Being able to cut my own toenails

Sitting instead of falling into my chair

Being able to sit on the lawn and not needing a hoist to get up.

Doing things myself without asking someone else to do it.

Babysitting & playing with my grandbaby all day without feeling exhausted.

That's a HECK of a list, April!!! And just think....it's only going to get better!! Congratulations on all of it! :D

Hi Terry: I think I'm obsessing about this lap band, anywho I wanted to ask you about your Doctor and if you would recommend him and if you could share with me what he charged for this percedure. I live in NY and probably won't be covered by CIGNA because of BMI of 36 and only high cholesterol, arthritus in back and family history as co-morbidity. The cost out of pocket at NYU med center is $24,000! which includes one year of follow up - still need to make sure it covers cost of fills? Had this thought that I could save almost 10,000 having this done in TX.

Yes Terri, It is quite a list, maybe I should go back and put stars next to the ones that meant the most. Without this group and my band I'd never have gotten as far as I have. Thanks to you and all the other banders and pre-banders for the support.

Does putting your clothes in the dryer on the "hot" setting hoping that they'll shrink count as an improvement?? :)

Does putting your clothes in the dryer on the "hot" setting hoping that they'll shrink count as an improvement?? :)

Most definitely!!!! That is a biggie in my books. :whoo:

After teaching the whole day, my feet are no longer killing me!

I even have enough energy to hit the gym after dealing with a bunch of little kids all day. My back does not hurt nearly as much either. This is great!!!

I used to get stressed over social situations and business meetings where I knew people were going to judge me. I know that I should not have felt that way but I did......very self conscience. Now I realize that I have been in these situations and have not given it a second thought.

I lost a lot of those worries that filled my head all the time about my weight, I never realized how much energy I spent worrying and feeling bad about myself! I am not sure if anyone else will relate to this but it just feels so much better.....I am not done with the head issues yet but I am well on my way!

Okay enough of the deep stuff.....

I took out some colder weather clothes and most of them fit or are too big and by fit I mean they look the way they were supposed to, not stretched to the max.

I do not fear the bleachers at my kids games, I would be out of breath by the time I got to the top before or if we have to sit on the ground I can get up without the rollover.

I do not fear sitting in the little fold up chairs for sporting events anymore.

I can wear jeans and clothes that fit the way they were meant to, not wear clothes that I can get on!!

I have a waist!

I have one chin (ok maybe 1-1/4).

My wedding rings spin around and I do not fear having them cut off...again!

The womens section is just a memory now!

My shoes fit better!

I get smiled at more, maybe because I smile more!

There are tons more......until next time!

Maureen

Hi Terry: I think I'm obsessing about this lap band, anywho I wanted to ask you about your Doctor and if you would recommend him and if you could share with me what he charged for this percedure.

Well, Terri and I have the same doctor and he is WONDERFUL...Dr. Hadar Spivak (spee-vak). Apparently he is the first doctor to do lapbanding in Texas. He is a jewel...a sweet and extremely talented surgeon with a great bedside manner. One of his nurses told me that she loves to watch him work because he is just like an artist. His procedure is $12,900 total. If you chose to come down here you wouldn't regret it. There are LOTS of Dr. S's patients on LBT. We're all over the place!

Almost everyone I have met up with in the last month has commented that I look SOOOOOOOO much younger! First of all, I always wore my hair "old lady short" because it was frizzy and thick and I couldn't control it. In the last few years with the advent of the flat Iron, my vistas have all opened up! For the first time since I was in college, starting this spring I have grown my hair into a long stacked bob and I get nothing but compliments. It is exactly the way I WOULD have wanted to wear my hair back in the 60's!!! At 55, when someone says I look like I am in my early 40's. that's one helluva MORALE BOOST!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I'm guilty as charged! I've been BAKING my pants and shirts in the dryer trying to squeeze one more size out of them before I have to give up and consign them to the Goodwill pile. I tried on a tank top yesterday and I was swimming in it. So I think today I have to go in and do a second house cleaning of the closet.

I am on the CUSP of losing my membership in "the fat lady store". People now look at me funny when I come in. I am relegated to digging in the dregs of the 14's (not a lot there) for clothes. I just can't bring myself to believe that anything in a REGULAR department store is going to fit me.... I think I am still in denial.

I am on the CUSP of losing my membership in "the fat lady store". People now look at me funny when I come in. I am relegated to digging in the dregs of the 14's (not a lot there) for clothes. I just can't bring myself to believe that anything in a REGULAR department store is going to fit me.... I think I am still in denial.

Funny, that has been my experience, too.... For a long time after I hit goal I would still drift over to the plus sizes only to be chased away by the saleshelp who would point me over to the normo section. It really does take awhile, I found, to get used to the new body. :biggrin1: Now I am trying to pluck up the nerve to go shopping for real bras (for years I have only been wearing jog bras) and more form fitting tops.

Because I am a 42B (kindof a contradiction in terms....) I can't find bras in a regular store. They go up to 40 and then everything over that is like a C, D or DD. What...fat people can't have smaller boobs? Once I get down to a 40 (the fat under my arms is not melting away particularly fast right now) I'll be able to get into a regular intimates department, but right now it is fruitless.

I've got a friend who is a 38 double A. She can't get a bra in that size. I have absolutely no idea what size I am. Buying a bra is going to be a challenge.