Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share with us: What has improved for you?

OMG! I know exactly how you feel!! I love football and watch it every Sunday during season and would get so crazy knowing I weighed more than alot of the players! Not so much now.

My breathing. I can breath so much better now, not always huffing and puffing like before. I used to be very aware of my 'nasal activities' but now I just do it like normal people and that's the end of it. I love my band!

I work on the 6th floor of my building. I can officially walk up all the flights without taking a break between floors. And I'm still alive when I get to 6!!! :)

Terri, how's it going with the no smoking? I'm thinking about you a lot and sending good vibes your way!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">New bandster here! I love hearing about everybody's success. It gives me hope. I've lost 12 pounds and it hasn't made too much difference yet, but I'm sure the upcoming months will change that. So far, I can see the weight loss in my face, I feel good when I wake up in the morning, I no longer have food coma after a large meal, I have saved money on groceries and restaurants, and I've met a lot of great people on LBT!

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Terri, how's it going with the no smoking? I'm thinking about you a lot and sending good vibes your way!

Thanks, Julie! I'm doing great....Day 17! :)

okay this sounds funny, but I'm sure y'all have went through this.. my undies don't roll down when I bend over!!! Yipeee!! I also can run around the backyard with my kids, last week we played kickball almost everyday after homework.. I have never been able to do that... I feel great, not sleepy or run down, I actually have what they call "energy" I had heard about it for years, but never really had to deal with it, then one day it snuck up behind me and bit me in the butt... (at least my undies didn't roll down when that happened):biggrin1: I love it!!

246/227/160

Dr. Carson Liu

Surgery date: 8/2/07

first fill 2.8 cc in a 10 cc band

1: I feel better about myself

2: Our sex life has improved!!!!

3: More energy to play with the kids

4: SHOPPING!!!!!!

5: Not feeling as ruled by food.< /p>

6: No longer morbidly obese....just obese....wow!

Can't wait to add to the list!

Rain

Well, I've only been banded for 3 1/2 weeks, but I do have a few...

1. I can go up and down the steps like a regular person instead of one foot on the step and then the other foot on the same step, etc...

2. I can bend over with my seatbelt on and pick something up off the floor by my feet.

3. I can get in and out of the car easier.

4. I can get up off the toilet easier.

I'll post others as they come, but the greatest of all is that I DON"T HAVE TO TAKE HALF THE MEDICINE THAT I USED TO!!!

:bounce:

:whoo:I have lost a lot of weight since last September 7, the day when I was banded. I now wear size 10 pants, something that I never figured that I would be able to do again in this lifetime.

Many, many people (most of them folks who live in the neighbourhood whom I don't know all that well) have commented that I have lost a lot of weight. Sometimes they ask me if I am well.... I explain that I am, that I am now retired and am watching what I eat and am making a point of doing a lot of walking, all of which is true. ;)

The truth is that I have noticed no difference with respect to my own energy levels and I have always been physically very flexible - unco-ordinated and lousy at sports - but very flexible. Even as a fat grrl I was able to stretch, bend, cross my legs, and place my palms flat on the floor just by bending over from a standing position. And I also still see myself as a big grrl. This is why I asked my husband what differences he has noticed in me over this past year.

My husband says that I am sweating less and that I am not as cranky as I used to be. He also says that I look better. He is also the one who still marvels at my weight loss. :P

And I have got to admit, now that I am sitting here thinking about it, that my sense of self-confidence really has improved. Even though I still see the fattie grrl when I look in my mirror I do know that she is not really there anymore and I now do have a greater sense of confidence in my physical appearance. :bounce:

Before being banded, I had really come to loathe and fear my out of control fleshly envelope; I felt that it not only had nothing to do with the essential Green but that it was in fact her active enemy. :tired This was a sad time in my life.

I have recently had the experience of being referred to as, ahem, tiny on a handful of occasions, one of them being by the post-op nurse who will be looking after me after my face lift. (I almost passed out with shock and pleasure, eh.) :bounce:

Tiny Green still wears a size 10.5 shoe. LOL

Ahhhhh....a size 10! How wonderful for you!!!

That seems like a dream come true....if I could be in a size 10 by next May for my niece's wedding, I would be one happy girl!

Ahhhhh....a size 10! How wonderful for you!!!

That seems like a dream come true....if I could be in a size 10 by next May for my niece's wedding, I would be one happy girl!

Eat your Protein first and vegies second, eat small amounts, and I know that this will happen to you. :mad: (I am trying to give up smoking at the moment so I am kinda worried about gaining. ;))

Okay not banded yet but love this post. What do I WANT to improve for me if I get the Lap band:

1. Be able to have a FULL signal....I don't have one and would love to get one!

2. Be able to NOT FEEL HUNGRY just about all the time when I am home...when I am out I don't feel hungry but as soon as I get home watch out!

3. Being able to put on clothes and not having to try on 30 outfits before I find one that is acceptable.

4. Not having to worry about my HEALTH...to know I am doing something that will make my life in my 50s better!

5. To be able to take a YOGA class and not see all that belly fat and feel like I am the most out of shape person in the class and the gym for that matter.

6. to not have back pain anymore...only started recently since I gained an additional 10 lbs.

7. TO FEEL IN CONTROL AGAIN

8. To be looked at and to feel attractive again....I'm not going to be smug here. Yes this would be okay too

Re: Your #3....don't you feel sorry for clerks that work in the women's department?? I always try (tried) on 20 things....and maybe bought one. Now my problem is I want to buy just about everything I try one!! Ruh Roh!!