Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm official...lots of dates added to the calendar

I should receive an award...on September 30th I will graduate from my 12 month insurance requirement!!! Today I met with my surgeon and I have dates!!!!

Monday, August 3-psychological eval

Tuesday, October 6-three hour orientation class

Labs, EKG, and chest X-ray as a walk in

Tuesday, October 13- pre surgery appt with MD

Monday, October 19- surgery

Tuesday, November 3- 2 week post op

I have other post surgery dates too!!!! It just got real. Eeeeekkk

Well congrats! I know it is exciting. Good luck on your journey!

I tell you what helped me with the waiting was getting an old fashioned paper calendar and then crossing off each day as it passed. Just a little psychological boost. Congrats!

Thanks for the tip! I just added a countdown to my phone. Once I get back to work (I'm a teacher), I am going to write the countdown on my calendar and cross it off. Really excited!!!!

Linzlou2000 - how many days off from work are you taking. I an a teacher also and will pushing surgery to occur over winter break - but worried the 2 weeks my not be enough recovery time.

I'm taking 10. I will return on a Monday then the next day is a teacher work day. I figured working one day with kids, then having a little break on Tuesday would ease me back into it.

I've had lots of people (2 teachers included) tell me I won't even need the 10 days. The biggest thing is being tired.

I'm planning on 10, if I need more or less, in okay with that too. My MD office made it clear I can pick my return date. With that said I also don't plan on blowing all my leave. I'll be reasonable.

Best wishes and stay in touch!!!

@linzlou2000 Congratulations!! Such an exciting time ahead for you and the start of your new life. Great Holiday Season present for yourself :D Make sure to let us know how your journey is going.

Thank you so much and I'll keep you posted ☺️

Edited by linzlou2000

Wow.. One year? Congrats. Weekday insurance do you have

I have anthem BCBS (my husband is a state employee). It stinks, but I survived!!!! Two more calls and I'm done. I think the program is put into place bc most people won't follow through with these lame phone calls. However I did ☺️☺️☺️

There were many times I wanted to give up... But I refused. "No" is not the answer for me

Wow 12 months what insurance do you have I've heard of 3-6 never 12

BCBS Cova Care-my husband is a state employee.

I guess what I failed to include is it is covered 100%, no copay. Also, they will cover some plastics if needed down the road.

Edited by linzlou2000

@@linzlou2000 - That day will be here in NO time - congrats!

My DH is a federal employee and I had really very little out of pocket - less than $500.

Being tired is probably the worst part - hydrate up until the last minute and walk, walk, walk! Try to not get to use to the hospital meds and go OTC as soon as possible. I use RX for night time starting the 2nd night home. I had a minimum 1 day stay. I was back at work 12 days post and that included two weekends. I have been one of the lucky ones in that respect :D

I've heard that being tired is the biggest hurdle. You are consuming so few calories, that you're exhausted!

My surgeon does it as an outpatient. I will be home the same evening. He feels very strongly people heal faster at home and the longer in the hospital---the longer the recovery.

Thanks for the well wishes. I can't wait to officially join the losers bench. I've lost about 40lbs since Sept 2014.