Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All new to this WLS from California!

So I have been trying on my own as well as with my PCP to lose weight and only lose a couple and gain it back I finally convinced him to refer me to a surgeon since I have been really reading into it and i know it is something I need. Well since I have California medi-cal my appt with the surgeon is not until 9/16 what is this going to entitle? Will I still have to do another supervised diet? Will he just start planning for surgery? Have a lot of questions and feel so anxious as others can relate I see other succeed and I want to be part of it! Hoping for the best

I was refered by my PCP since I am diabetic and been having problems trying to lose weight I also lose and gain and it has been a struggle.. Good for you for taking this step depending on the insurance you have to do 6 months of nutritionist once a month.. I did food addiction counseling. Heart doctor pulmonary. Had a sleep test.. it all depends on your surgeon!! and the good think any questions you can always call the Bariatric nurse in your surgeons office they will give you all the info needed!!!!...Good luck

It depends on what the insurance requires and or what the surgeon requires call or go online to find out what the insurance guidelines are and call the Drs office see if they have a plan they follow across the board and find out what that entails my surgeons office would give no info until u filled out an application were accepted to the program and went to a seminar then it was several weeks before I got my first clinic visit I was told I had to lose 5% before I could even meet the surgeon I started in June 2014 and had surgery feb 24 this year it was a long process it took weeks to get each medical test scheduled and then chasing all the medical records down I've seen ppl say if they pay cash it goes faster I don't have that kinda cash or I'd have gladly paid to just get it done without all the BS but I have insurance so I had to go along with it

So I have been trying on my own as well as with my PCP to lose weight and only lose a couple and gain it back I finally convinced him to refer me to a surgeon since I have been really reading into it and i know it is something I need. Well since I have California medi-cal my appt with the surgeon is not until 9/16 what is this going to entitle? Will I still have to do another supervised diet? Will he just start planning for surgery? Have a lot of questions and feel so anxious as others can relate I see other succeed and I want to be part of it! Hoping for the best

I am also in California on medi-cal. I live in the Bay Area. How about you?

I was referred by my PCP to Stanford Bariatric Clinic. They had me fill out a questionnaire and I had to wait for a surgeon to review my information before they would allow me to do anything else. I just got word they cleared me to get the process started. The clinic said they would be calling me tomorrow to go over information and schedule my seminar. Good luck to you!

Edited by amyallthetime

Hello and good luck to you.

I am also in California on medi-cal. I live in the Bay Area. How about you?

I was referred by my PCP to Stanford Bariatric Clinic. They had me fill out a questionnaire and I had to wait for a surgeon to review my information before they would allow me to do anything else. I just got word they cleared me to get the process started. The clinic said they would be calling me tomorrow to go over information and schedule my seminar. Good luck to you!

How's it going? I just attended my seminar just waiting for my psych eval and nutrition eval... Feeling anxious!!