Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello--I'm a Newbie

Guest MissPamnTexas

Guest MissPamnTexas

My name is Pam. I live in Mesquite Texas(suburb of Dallas). I was banded Oct.4. My doctor is Dr. Powell. Everything went well for me. I was one of the lucky ones. Now that the swelling has gone done, I am hungry! I get my first fill next Monday. I'm looking forward to it but I'm a little nervous about it also. I lost 18lbs on the pre-op diet and while I was on the post op liquid diet. I'm afraid to see how much I have gained back this past week.

Pam, congratulations on getting your band and a great weight loss! So glad to hear of no complications! Are you eating solid foods yet? It's important to be doing that and knowing how your tummy is handling them before you get a fill. Being hungry is a good sign that everything is healing well, the swelling has gone down, and you're "wide open" until a fill (sometimes 2). Everyone is different as to when they need a fill. I waited 2 months, which is probably longer than average. But Teresa (another bandster) has been banded 7 months, had no fills, and lost 70 pounds! Best of luck to you!

Welcome Pam!! Glad to hear everything went well for you! Please feel free to browse all the sections of the forum. There is much knowledge and experience to be had! Again, Welcome!

Leatha

Plano, Texas

Hi miss Pam,

Great to see you on board!! Congrats on your banding, wow your doing great!!!!! Congrats and keep us posted!

HI Pam,

Congrats on your loss thus far! Glad to hear it went well too!

How long was your recovery after the surgery?

You lost a lot in your pre-op diet... what did it consist of and how long were you on it?

Wish you continues success!!

Hey Pam congrats on the weightloss so far. I am also in Mesquite and also just had my lap band done from Dr.Powell in Richardson on November 1st. So far can't get much down without feeling so full and needing to constantly hiccup or burp. I did get out and walk the dog today so that felt good with our nice weather. I didn't do so well on the pre-op but still lost some none the less. The Myocel they gave us was horrible until I found some sugar free choco Syrup to go into my smoothie machine with it. Let me know how you progress, I am beginning to think I will never be able to eat a real food at this point...

Kim

Guest MissPamnTexas

My pre-op diet consisted of liquid Protein diet drinks twice a day and low carb, low fat small meals twice a day. Post op diet was full liquid meals for two weeks.

Bigun, when you go to see Dr. Powell for your two weeks check up, if everything is okay he will let you eat soft real food. You'll be surprised how little it will take to fill you up! I cannot stand to drink Myocel anymore. I mixed instant coffee and artificial sweetner with it. I wish I had bought vanilla instead. When I was on the post op liquid diet I went to Jason's Deli and bought a quart of onion Soup. A quart lasted four or five days and it was good to eat something that wasn't chocolate or vanilla.

I'm glad to know there is someone in Mesquite who is with me.

Pam in Mesquite

Welcome... You're gonna love it here, the people are great! Congratulations on your weight loss! Good Luck!

-Nora