Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Major Plateau...Help!

I was Banded last July and have been doing great until recently. I had my Gallbladder removed in February and my weight loss has slowed significantly since then. I have been stuck at 90 pounds for the last few months and the scale won't budge!

I have been excercizing and eating within reason. The only difference that I can think of is that my OB put me on birth control pills a few months ago to help with severe PMS. The Yaz is helping but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

How have you broken through plateaus???

Thanks,

Stesti

What is your typical daily menu? Most people who aren't losing tend to eat more calories than they realize. Might want to track it on FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal or Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate for a few weeks and see what you come up with. You might be very surprised. But the thing is, you have to be honest until it hurts. You have to log every single bite of food that passes your lips and you have to track every single minute of exercise as well.

Ditto what WAS said. Might need to vary your exercise, too...perhaps your body has adapted.

90 pounds lost in less than a year?? Thats awesome!!!

How much more do you want to lose? As we get closer to our goal, the weight loss slows down. Tracking your food intake is a great idea!!

90 pounds lost in less than a year?? Thats awesome!!!

How much more do you want to lose? As we get closer to our goal, the weight loss slows down. Tracking your food intake is a great idea!!

(emphasis my own)

Sheesh... isn't that the truth!

I have a very similar story. Lost about 85 pounds in about 14 months and then just stopped for about 2 and a half months. I also had an unfill in there which didn't help.

I broke my plateau by cutting out all white flour and sugar, and counting strictly 1,000-1,300 calories per day, and exercising. Well, actually I'm not too good about the exercising part (only doing it about two or three times a week), but the other stuff has definitely helped.

The first two weeks of this regimine I lost 6.4 pounds. Now I'm on week three, but I'm getting my period, and thus begins the monthly Water weight gain of between 3-5 pounds, which is so disheartening.

But, I really think that my regimine is helping. I plan to resume white flour and sugar in limited portions, only after I reach goal.

The 3 ways I break a plateau is the following:

Get a fill

Exercise more and eat up to 1200 calories a day

Go on liquids for a few days.

I don't know of any other way. Julie

I find varying the exercise really helps -- if you don't do strength training -- start doing so (twice a week is key). Or add another cardio workout to your routine, or extend your current cardio workout by 5-10 minutes. It always amazes me how little things can make a big difference.

Thanks Everyone. These are great suggestions. I want to loose another 60 pounds. I was planning on being at 100 pounds by my first anniversary July 14th but will be thrilled with breaking through this plateau.

OK, I'm off for a walk.

Stesti