Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It really isn't. I just submitted my initial questionnaire to the surgeons office on Monday. And they emailed me that it has been received and forwarded to the surgeon to review. If they feel I'm a candidate then I get scheduled to attend the seminar. My PCP already gave me a referral. So now I continue to wait... How long did it take everyone else? Would it be ok to contact the surgeons office?

Hi Amyallthetime congratulations in the first step.i would wait before calling, it normally takes a week before someone from the office call you back.

I just had my gastric sleeve done on monday was released from the hospital yesterday.

The entire process from beginning to end took me six months. Every insurance company is different my insurance company requires that I do a six-month weight review with my doctor, other insurance may require just three months.

I first attended my weight-loss seminar in January and got approved in mid June the day after. Completing my six month review

It really isn't. I just submitted my initial questionnaire to the surgeons office on Monday. And they emailed me that it has been received and forwarded to the surgeon to review. If they feel I'm a candidate then I get scheduled to attend the seminar. My PCP already gave me a referral. So now I continue to wait... How long did it take everyone else? Would it be ok to contact the surgeons office?

I'd contact other surgeons to compare requirements/wait times. I could have picked from several hospitals. My time from consult to surgery was under 8 weeks, but I went with a hospital who was promoting a new surgeon in their group, so their was almost no wait.

The wait varies drastically with different surgeon and insurance requirements. Mine took a year.

Hi Amyallthetime congratulations in the first step.i would wait before calling, it normally takes a week before someone from the office call you back.

I just had my gastric sleeve done on monday was released from the hospital yesterday.

The entire process from beginning to end took me six months. Every insurance company is different my insurance company requires that I do a six-month weight review with my doctor, other insurance may require just three months.

I first attended my weight-loss seminar in January and got approved in mid June the day after. Completing my six month review

I did contact my insurance and they don't require anything other than a referral from your PCP. So any requirements will strictly from the surgeon. I know I will have to get an EGD, chest x-ray, a couple meetings, and psych evaluation. So I guess I will just practice some patience.

Congrats on being post-op! Sending you the best! :D

I'd contact other surgeons to compare requirements/wait times. I could have picked from several hospitals. My time from consult to surgery was under 8 weeks, but I went with a hospital who was promoting a new surgeon in their group, so their was almost no wait.

My insurance only has a contract with the surgeon I am waiting on. :/ But if this gives me a new life in the end, then the wait will be all worth it.

The wait varies drastically with different surgeon and insurance requirements. Mine took a year.

A whole year? Wow, the anticipation would eat me up! But yay on getting your date! :D

The process took me 6 months. My insurances requires I do 6 consecutive months of classes, meet w/ a NUT and a Psychologist. I also had to do a swallow study. It took 3 days once all my information was submitted to insurance for final approval. So now... I am nervously awaiting Tuesday the 28th for my surgery date. Good luck! It really does fly by.