Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Port Location

I was wondering where people have their port located and what feels best. I will be banded on July 26th by Dr. Yau. Before then, I'd like to decide if I want it up front under my breast bone, on my side or down in my bikini area.

Any thoughts? ;)

Hi: Ask Donna D. She told the Dr. she wanted the port mear the bikini line and the Dr. decided against it and put it in the area that is considered the most comfortable, which is under the breastbone and down a bit. So even if you ask for it, there is no quarantee the port will be placed where you ask. Mine is in the usual place and I feel very comfortable with it being there, but it has turned to an awkward position making fills very difficult. Doddie.

I have mine dead center below breast bone

At first it was wierd, because when I bend, that's where the ...fat folds.

But now I don't even notice it.

Mine's left, and a few inches above my belly button. That's Dr. Cobourn/Mumfords 'usual' place, and I like it just fine... never have a problem.

Mine is about 2 inches below my boobs and I feel it get hit by my underwire. I wanted a bikini port and Dr. Yau agreed but when I woke up it was between my boobs. I find with my big boobs it gets quite uncomfortable and have to take my bra off when I get home.

I was banded by Dr Yau on the 15th June 07, I have mine in the bikini. I love it there. Dr Yau, makes the suggestion and you can have a prefference but if he decides it's not right for you on the day he will advise against it, that was my understanding! Hey! good luck with the op, it will change your life.

Jx

He suggested it to me as well and we spoke of it again before I went in for surgery and I woke up with it elsewhere. I will discuss it with him for sure!

I was banded by Dr Yau on the 15th June 07, I have mine in the bikini. I love it there. Dr Yau, makes the suggestion and you can have a prefference but if he decides it's not right for you on the day he will advise against it, that was my understanding! Hey! good luck with the op, it will change your life.

Jx

Ok, I really want mine in the bikini area... but have already had my consultation at TLBC, and didn't meet Dr. Yau. I don't see them again until surgery day. How do I get this request across to him?

Ok, I really want mine in the bikini area... but have already had my consultation at TLBC, and didn't meet Dr. Yau. I don't see them again until surgery day. How do I get this request across to him?

Kathy - you will see him before the surgery, but I would also email either Kathy Palmero or Daryl Corbeil and tell them that as well.

I talked to Dr. Yau about it right before my surgery, too, and he recommended the sternum (breastbone) area. If you really want it in the bikini area, then stick to your guns, but don't be surprised if you wake up and it's not there..... With him doing so many surgeries on that day (usally 6 or 7 in a row), he may not remember or feel that it's best for you.