Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Nasal Drip after Banding ?

I have a question... Im going to be banded on the 16th. I have heard some people have problems w/ their bands and sinus drainage or post nasal drip .

I have some of it its usually in the morning .

Does anyone have any tips, tricks ways to help this ? Do they just take something every night, day for this ?

Thanks in advance

Mindy

I have a huge problem with this, but the drip goes right down into my tummy. I have to have Zyrtec and Benedryl at night. It helps A LOT! If I don't take it I am constantly throwing up. Even with the big hassle, it is still worth it to get the band and deal with the problem. Just make sure you have a good medication to avoid the draining into your stomach. Trust me on that! Good Luck!

I have a huge problem with this, but the drip goes right down into my tummy. I have to have Zyrtec and Benedryl at night. It helps A LOT! If I don't take it I am constantly throwing up. Even with the big hassle, it is still worth it to get the band and deal with the problem. Just make sure you have a good medication to avoid the draining into your stomach. Trust me on that! Good Luck!

Thank you Boo Boo Kitty for your quick response. I will go to my primary care MD next week and get an RX now.

Im assuming if it bothers me after surgery , right after i can take liquid benedryrl.

Thanks again

Mindy

Glad to help! One thing if you do forget to take it, you might not even actually know until you get sick. My Dr told me it is because the pouch is so small when you eat, the product of the drip has to come out some way, and it will be your mouth....gag.!!! Had they told me that before I had surgery I would have never gone without meds for it!

Glad to help! One thing if you do forget to take it, you might not even actually know until you get sick. My Dr told me it is because the pouch is so small when you eat, the product of the drip has to come out some way, and it will be your mouth....gag.!!! Had they told me that before I had surgery I would have never gone without meds for it!

i talked to my doc about it a little bit, but we didnt go into alot of detail .

He asked me how bad it was I told him it was mainly in the morning.

He told me to take clairitain or something. I Live in texas so allergies are part of life around here.

some times are worse than others.

thanks for the help, im going to be sure to get something quick lol

Mindy

OH one more thing, did you notice it get worse or stay the same after surgery ?

Thanks

Mindy

OH one more thing, did you notice it get worse or stay the same after surgery ?

Thanks

Mindy

Claritin did not work for me for crap...if I were you I wouldn't waste my time with it. I used to live in Texas for a few years so I know how bad it is there! It got 1o THOUSAND times worse. Just never go without med for it and you are ok. I didn't take mine yesterday, after our discussion and paid for it at bedtime....ugh....

Claritin did not work for me for crap...if I were you I wouldn't waste my time with it. I used to live in Texas for a few years so I know how bad it is there! It got 1o THOUSAND times worse. Just never go without med for it and you are ok. I didn't take mine yesterday, after our discussion and paid for it at bedtime....ugh....

Thanks Im going to make an appt tomorow for my primary care doc and see if i cant get on some zyrtec or something for it.

Claritin doesnt really do it for me either.

Thanks for your help

Mindy

Hey fellow sinus sufferers!

I totally find that post nasal drip really limits what I can eat in the AM. I take Allegra-D morning and night, plus Rhinacort AQ when the allergies are really bad. Generally that does the trick. But on those wicked bad allergy/sinus days, I have to start w/ginger, licorice or peppermint tea to kinda flush out the system from the pnd from the previous night (I know, really appetizing). Who knew that all these things would be so causally related?

Hey fellow sinus sufferers!

I totally find that post nasal drip really limits what I can eat in the AM. I take Allegra-D morning and night, plus Rhinacort AQ when the allergies are really bad. Generally that does the trick. But on those wicked bad allergy/sinus days, I have to start w/ginger, licorice or peppermint tea to kinda flush out the system from the pnd from the previous night (I know, really appetizing). Who knew that all these things would be so causally related?

Thanks Yankeefan, Have you or anyone else on here tried a Neti Pot ?

I saw them on Oprah , I bought one but keep forgetting to use it daily . It does seem to work some. I think w/ a combo of meds it might work well.

Its a "Nasal" flush basically . sounds really fun i know lol Google Neti Pot or see it on Oprahs site.

I have an appt at 230 today w/ my primary care doc to see if he can give me something .

Thanks for everyone's help

Mindy

Thanks Yankeefan, Have you or anyone else on here tried a Neti Pot ?

I saw them on Oprah , I bought one but keep forgetting to use it daily . It does seem to work some. I think w/ a combo of meds it might work well.

Its a "Nasal" flush basically . sounds really fun i know lol Google Neti Pot or see it on Oprahs site.

I have an appt at 230 today w/ my primary care doc to see if he can give me something .

Thanks for everyone's help

Mindy

I saw those on Oprah. I just can't bring myself to do that. I can not believe that a woman did it on Oprah...lol..

Let us know how it went today!

I saw those on Oprah. I just can't bring myself to do that. I can not believe that a woman did it on Oprah...lol..

Let us know how it went today!

LMAO Its really not bad . It doesnt hurt. The first few times I did it I made a HUGE mess. But when I do it it DOES really cut down on the nasal drainage.

I went to the doc yesterday and he put me on Flonase ( good for lapband, not having to swallow) and chewable singular .

The problem is I have new insurance ( Private insurance) i have to get "Prior authorization" before they will pay for it . It could take up to 2 weeks to get the authorization back. i called my insurance and because i have " preexisting conditions" I may have to do that EVERYTIME i have RX' filled until next yr .

UGHHH . So i have a pharmacy that i get my meds from for cheap , i can get the flonase for $9 more than if i insurance paid for it. So i'll wait for auhtorization on the singular .

Hopefully it will work .

Thanks for everyones help

Mindy

LMAO Its really not bad . It doesnt hurt. The first few times I did it I made a HUGE mess. But when I do it it DOES really cut down on the nasal drainage.

I went to the doc yesterday and he put me on Flonase ( good for lapband, not having to swallow) and chewable singular .

The problem is I have new insurance ( Private insurance) i have to get "Prior authorization" before they will pay for it . It could take up to 2 weeks to get the authorization back. i called my insurance and because i have " preexisting conditions" I may have to do that EVERYTIME i have RX' filled until next yr .

UGHHH . So i have a pharmacy that i get my meds from for cheap , i can get the flonase for $9 more than if i insurance paid for it. So i'll wait for auhtorization on the singular .

Hopefully it will work .

Thanks for everyones help

Mindy

Good lord why the heck is the insurance company making such a big deal over singulair? Insurance sucks most of the time and we can't live without it.

I am not worried about the pot hurting, but the mess...lol...

Good lord why the heck is the insurance company making such a big deal over singulair? Insurance sucks most of the time and we can't live without it.

I am not worried about the pot hurting, but the mess...lol...

Im not real happy about the insurance thing . I have to have the Texas High Risk Health Pool . its for people who are "uninsurable" in Texas. I cant get private health insurance. So they know im stuck w/ them .

The Neti Pot isnt that bad once you learn how to use it. It really does work .

Mindy

I used to take Allegra D before the surgery but that pill is so stinkin large. Do you just cut it up and take it?