Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb Bandsters July Challenge

Hey Suzanne , we live in south-central Illinois about an hour & 1/2 from St. Louis Missouri. We just happened to have a cold front pass through that lasted about a week or so. Usually our summer weather is in the mid-90's. I haven't been getting my walking in this week , but we've been dancing, leading singing and working w/ kids at vacation bible school at church so I guess that counts for something. Boy, you're not kidding about sagging boobs ! It sucks !:confused: I've lost about 5 inches in my chest, but they are really getting flatter.

Okay - so you're not in any miracle summer-weather location... Poop. I really would leave my extended family behind here in VA for some place with summer highs in the upper 80's and winter lows that allow for a handful of nice, sled-able snows storms! :biggrin1: Any suggestions?

I say that dancing with the kiddies is the very best exercise there is!!! :dance: I always feel physically exhausted but mentally enlivened after twirling around with my own. But the treadmill leaves me exhausted and TIRED -- and I have to force myself to shower before falling in to bed. And it definitely counts toward your goals in the July Challenge! So tally up your dancin' days!

I'm still on track for July...must keep at it every day to make that goal! Swimming at our reunion this afternoon will count for today's workout! :clap2:

Feb'07 July Challenge: Level 3-Moderate youcandothis.gif

14 of 20 days exercising for 30 minutes

zannie,

I know you can do it. You should be proud of yourself for stayin on track.

Thanks for the fill advice. I'm going to make an appt. I've been eating more than 1/2c a lot of time. There for a while i could only eat 1/2 a boca burger and the other day I ate the whole thing. Minus the Buns of course. And your right why would I want to eat Pasta and other bad stuff.

Keep up the great work.

<p>Well , one more day of vbs. I forgot how busy 3 yr olds can be.:rolleyes:I'm used to teaching jr. high kids at school. These little ones are so full of pep that we have stayed busy the whole 2 hours every night, but it's been fun. I'll need to get back on track w/ my walking after this week. I go back to work in 4 weeks :confused: and am anxious for my friends to see how I've done over the summer. It puts the pressure on , since they all know that I had the surgery and are watching how well I progress - or not ! One friend had gastric by-pass a few years ago and has since gained it all back , and a lot of people talk about her since she is retired now. I DO NOT WANT TO EVER BE IN THAT POSITION ! I am determined to make this work for a lifetime !!!! :biggrin1: So, let's all stay positive and keep up our spirit and will-power because we will succeed ! :whoo: Have a GRREAT week-end !!!! :)

Hey Everyone!

Sorry been a bit busy and haven't been on for a while. I'm still on track for the July Challenge. I've worked out 13 one-hour days so far and going in about an hour for another. I'm going to read the above notes to see how everyone's been. Have a great weekend!

Well, everybody's gone home...no more company until September. It's always such an oppressive silence when my crazy family departs. I know my kids are gonna be wild tomorrow with all the cousins gone & our old routine back. Thank goodness it's nearly Saturday & their Daddy will be home to make that transition easier.

I really need to refocus on my exercise routine now that everyone is gone. And thanks for the support, skinnyjeans! I've been relying on "activity" for my 1/2 hour of exercise for much of the month... But the "activity" days are over now & it would be too too easy to just NOT get back on the treadmill!!! Routine plays a HUGE role in my getting any exercise at all, so I need to commit to getting back to mine TOMORROW!!

Andrea, I know exactly what you mean about everyone waiting to see how you're doing... I felt this over the last month, too. We've had all these people visiting who haven't seen me since the Banding & they all know about my surgery, so it's come up quite a lot. I don't feel like I've made much physical progress despite having lost nearly 60#, but I didn't get any negative feedback along those lines. I'm sure you'll impress everyone back at school, too!

Good to hear from you, Carole! You're doing great! How's it going Travelgirl, Mom2Sassy, Ready to Lose, and Elm65? Keep up the hard work, everybody! August is almost here!!!!

Suzanne

16 of 20 days exercising for 30 minutes

I'm gonna come up a day short of my target this month... poop! Argh - mad at myself now! But I did get Sunday's workout in at least!

And i have an affirmation, too!! :eek: I went to Lane Bryant (the store, not the catalog) this afternoon. I have not been able to shop there for YEARS since they only very recently started carrying size 30/32. I was a tight 32/loose 34 on my surgery date. I now solidly wear a 24 at Lane Bryant!!! Whaoooooo!!! And my bra size has gone from a 58DD to a 44 D, too. The 42D & 22s are still tight, but that'll change, I know! :woot: I'm so jazzed!!

Suzanne

17 of 20 days exercising for 30 minutes

WAY TO GO SUZANNE !!!!!:whoo: Those new sizes feel great ! I took my 12 y/o dd to see " The Lion King" musical in St. Louis Saturday and bought myself a xl t-shirt. I figure if it doesn't fit yet it will soon and it was really cool looking. This is an exciting journey isn't it !:) Now I need to start walking again to make sure I get into that shirt. I just scheduled my 4th fill for 8/21 ( my 6 mo. bandiversary) . I'm still losing but I can tell the restriction is loosening and I figure I'll get it done before I go back to work so I won't have to take off for a while.

Great job Suzanne & Andrea!

I'm so surprised that my bra size hasn't gone down. I'm still in a 42C might be able to go to a B. And when I overeat, man the bra is extra tight. that baby comes off, as soon as I walk in the door home.