Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb Bandsters July Challenge

Welcome Jeannie!

I too can't wait to get down to 200. I have a bit farther to go than you but it am starting to get super excited.

Awesome job!

Welcome, Jeannie! I'm terrible about POSTING, but I do pretty well getting in my exercise...

Sorry you missed the concert, Babygrl!

Still running around like a mad woman, but it's paying off... :D I've lost more than I'd thought since my fill! Down by 57.5 total -- 5.5 since the fill 2 weeks ago on July 5th! Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!

NSV for my affirmation: I wear a 26 now, for the most part, which is down from a tight 32 pre-Band. I tried on a pair of my mom's shorts that are a size 20 (from Silhouettes) -- just to beat myself up, really. AND THEY BUTTONED!!! I'd have needed that particular pair in a 22 to really wear, but they totally closed up!!!! Holy crap!!! I know I'm by no means a 22 in most stuff, BUT BUT BUT Mom's size 20 shorts actually zipped & buttoned, too!!! I wore a size 22 over 8 years ago!!!

Suzanne

Feb'07 July Challenge: Level 3-Moderate youcandothis.gif

12 of 20 days exercising for 30 minutes

WAY TO GO SUZANNE !!!!:clap2: WOOHOO for you !!! Those fills really help ! Smaller clothes really feel good don't they ! I'm getting ready to help w/ our church vbs and it's a western theme, so we're supposed to wear jeans - which I haven't for about 5 years. The week of my surgery I hung a pair of 18/20 jeans on my closet door and hadn't touched them since. Yesterday I tried them on and "YEEHAW" they fit.:whoo: Of course they are the stretch kind , but that's ok, they still felt pretty good. So, I know how you feel.

Today i'm taking 2 of my dd's to the beach to lay out and swim. We'll probably get in our 2 mile walk on the dam there. The weather is in the 70's and it's gorgeous out, so we've gotta take advantage of it. Have an AWESOME week-end everyone !:rolleyes:

Thanks, ARMKAM! :high5: And good for you, too!! :clap2::clap2: It does feel good to finally see some changes other than in my deflated, sagging boobs! :eek :straight I like your idea of hanging up in plain view something you want to fit in to... Think it'd be too disappointing to have a pair of skinny jeans in a size 8 on the back of my door?!? Single digit jeans is my real goal!! :bandit Maybe I'd better just start with something that doesn't have a W after the numbers! :roll:

Um, where do YOU live that the weather is so perfect?!? And do you know of any well-paid computer tech positions open for DH?!? I hate the heat of summers here. It's 100 & humid in my part of Virginia. Ugh, ick, blah... I was actually feeling a bit guilty about NOT taking my kids (4-1/2 & 2) to our local water-park (because I am not swim-suiting in public just yet), but then neither of them swim, so... :car: I AM vowing that swimming lessons & the Water park are on the agenda for NEXT summer. We ARE renting a house at the beach this September -- and I will be in a swimsuit then. ;) But I'm much happier just living in denial about that!!! :biggrin1: :heh:

Today is our only "day off" before more company, so I'd best head back to the my family before they think me neglectful! :) Hope everybody's having a great weekend! :biggrin1:

Hey everyone, hope all is well. I am leaving on vacation today and I won't be back until August. Good luck everyone I will miss ya!

Oh and will someone start the August challenge when the time comes? Zannie?

Hey everyone, hope all is well. I am leaving on vacation today and I won't be back until August. Good luck everyone I will miss ya!

Oh and will someone start the August challenge when the time comes? Zannie?

Our fearless leader is abandoning us...?!? :ip: Well, have a great vacation! :wave::car:

And sure, I'll start the August thread next week. (OMG. August...is in 10 days!! Egad!) Personally, I like the choose-your-own-adventure aspect of the last 2 months, but then I'm an "individual goals" kind of girl... So unless there are other ideas or suggestions from y'all or the main Feb thread, I'll set August up like the one for July.

Suzanne

12 of 20 days exercising for 30 minutes

no suggestions from me. still struggling to meet my exercise goal. I keep gaining and loosing the same 2 lbs. I've thought about going a few days on liquids to see if I can bump things up. Do you ever do that too? I bought a pair of 14's today, so feel good about that.

Congrats on the 14, skinnyjeans!!! :clap2: (I haven't been a 14 since high school!:D But I'm stoked to be wearing today shorts I haven't had on since before my 1st pregnancy! Guess it's time to head to the attic for some shopping! :biggrin1:)

I use the Protein Shakes to balance out crappy diet choices. If I've got an event to go to, I'll "drink my meals" prior to the thing. Or if I've had a bad day of sweets I shouldn't have eaten, I'll try to curb the gain by sticking to Protein shakes the following day.

The only time I do an extended full liquid diet is post-fill though... The protocol my clinic has us follow then is 48 hours of liquids, 48 hours of mushies and then back to regular eating.

If I were stalled out like you seem to be, I'd call for a fill rather than try to "diet away" the pounds as we all would have in the old days... When was your last fill? Don't forget to make use of your tool!!!

I've been slacking off with my routine exercise, but having a great time! Our reunion will last until Saturday, so hopefully I'll squeeze in exercise every day the rest of this week & still really get back into the swing of my routine once everyone heads out of town! If I don't miss a day, I can still hit my goal for July...

How are y'all doing? 7 days left in July... The thread has been pretty quiet since BabyGrl headed off on her vacation. Where's everybody else?!? :guess

Suzanne

13 of 20 days exercising for 30 minutes

Your doing great Zannie You will meet your goal!

My last fill was 5/17. I'm at 2.6cc in a 4cc band. I feel like I don't eat a whole lot but sometimes I can. Like I can eat 2 tacos without any problems. Is that too much food? Probably huh.

Hey Suzanne , we live in south-central Illinois about an hour & 1/2 from St. Louis Missouri. We just happened to have a cold front pass through that lasted about a week or so. Usually our summer weather is in the mid-90's. I haven't been getting my walking in this week , but we've been dancing, leading singing and working w/ kids at vacation bible school at church so I guess that counts for something. Boy, you're not kidding about sagging boobs ! It sucks !;) I've lost about 5 inches in my chest, but they are really getting flatter.

skinnyjeans - I use protien drinks to up my Protein , since I'm having a problem w/ my hair falling out - I'm getting a bald spot in the back, as mydd's like to keep letting me know - aren't they nice !:guess Anyway , I also think it sounds like you may want to schedule another fill. I'm planning on getting my 4th in a few weeks before school starts and I have to go back to teaching.

My last fill was 5/17. I'm at 2.6cc in a 4cc band. I feel like I don't eat a whole lot but sometimes I can. Like I can eat 2 tacos without any problems. Is that too much food? Probably huh.

I saw how long ago your last fill was... Seems to me you'd be ready for another...it's been 3 months & we've only been banded 5!! But you've got FAR less to loose than my initial 200 lbs, so maybe I'm wrong. (It's been known to happen -- occasionally! :confused:;)) Maybe the advice I was given would help you to determine if it's time for another fill or not.

Now, this is just what I was told...

If you can eat more than 1/2 cup of food other than veggies, get a fill. The goal is 1/4 - 1/3 cup (or 2 oz - 2.6 oz, or 4 TBSP - 5-1/2 TBSP) of food per meal. My clinic's dietician says that salads aren't a problem because lettuce grinds right down to hardly anything IF you cut it fine & then chew it up. So have a salad with your meal and have 2 oz of protein and a .6 oz smidgen of carb, that's a perfect Bandster meal. If I regularly eat more than 8 TBSP - 1/2 cup - 4 oz at a meal before feeling "no longer hungry" (not necessarily FULL), then it's time for a fill.

Every now & then I measure out exact portions & stop eating for 10 min after finishing that "perfect Bandster meal" and pay attention to my sensation of hunger. If I'm "done" -- GREAT, if not I'll serve up to that 1/2 cup and "pay attention" again. Usually I can't finish that 2nd helping, but if I can I call in for a fill. Personally, I LIKE having a guideline of what a meal should look like. It gives me something for comparison. So maybe it will help you determine if you're eating too much. I can't eat 2 tacos -- I can't finish one, or couldn't last week anyhow!! But that may be the shell more than the amount of food. With this last fill, I've got great restriction -- not too tight for Protein, but now all sorts of different breads (like my mom's delectable blueberry muffins, as I found out yesterday:(), cakes (& brownies:straight), some chips (though not all kinds:o), and Pasta feel just awful until they finally pass through my band. That's a good thing in my mind, because who wants to eat stuff they know won't feel good!?!